Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spore Creature Creator

surprised nobody has started this yet.

I nabbed the free trial version before heading out to look for the full version tomorrow.

only had half an hour with it and can't really see the point of it at the moment when its not set within the context of the game and you can't do much with what you create.

all feels quite user friendly and may be my own cack handedness and lack of ability but everything I've attempted so far looks like a cock with eyes and legs.

I have the full version, I was going to make a first play thread but decided i'd rather spend the time coming up with creatures that should never be allowed to exist

360 Controller monster!

Comment

I bought it too, but there is only so much fun to be had when you can't do anything with them.
      I realised you could scale any body part with the wheel today.

Shame about the stats point thing, you are almost forced to create a creature that perhaps doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing, because you get better stats with unnesscary body parts.
      Last edited by EvilBoris; 19-06-2008, 17:07.

Comment

Haha some of the creations people are making are quality!

Comment

I like the MG Ray one!

How much detail can you change and edit in your creatures appearence using the creator?

Comment

Anyone looking for inspiration should check out these beasties:
            (nicked from creative folk on the Penny Arcade forums)

In case you didn't know: just drag-drop one of these images from your browser window into the Creature Creator, and the creature will load up. Witchcraft!

The creatures above were all made with the cut-down CC demo, which only has 25% of the options of the full program. It's pretty impressive stuff. Can't wait to see the full game in action now.

Comment

This has an excellent interface, it's so simple to use. I made a character within minutes (a giant question mark....no idea either) and it all animated nicely.

I've seen some rather...interesting designs on youtube already, this is going to be one of the most abused games ever

Comment

Originally posted by Tig View Post

In case you didn't know: just drag-drop one of these images from your browser window into the Creature Creator, and the creature will load up. Witchcraft!
                OMG That is the devil's work!

Here are a few I have made

I cheated on this one and stole it from Sonic Team

Comment

Fun stuff. I looks forward to the full game. Oh.. what happens in the full game? I release my creations into the Spore world and see if it survives?

Here's my first creation>

Comment

I made a Chocobo!

Comment

OMG that is awesome Hoolak.

I wish i had the same creative genius as you. I picked this up today and i'm really impressed with it, it is so easy to use considering the amount of options it gives you.

Heres a vid of my first creation, i got the obligatory penis creation out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                      X