No announcement yet.

Daigasso Band Brothers DX [JPN DS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been playing with the DLC for this. So very, very impressed, especially as a big j-rock fan!

X-Japan, Hide, 黒夢, Blue Hearts, Maximum the Hormone, Road of Major...

Comment

This finally arrived yesterday, along with the fart in the face of a customs fee to pay.

Hooray!

Can't say that it's bothered me that much though...brilliant game. I really like playing the percussionless arrangements on the career mode...anyone know if there's a way to play those outside of career? Better still, is there a way of changing the instrument arrangements on all the tracks?

The download thing is brilliant! It seems that every J-Pop track I regard highly is there to be played. There's ace stuff by Sambomaster and the like on there...along with some immense theme tunes. Playing the organ stabs on the Lupin the 3rd theme is pure joy!

It's pretty much the same as the original, but it's still great fun and really addictive. Can't wait to have some multiplayer fun!

Comment

This has been my travelling buddy lately and I'm absolutely loving it. With music games there's always the option of just tacking on new songs for a new release, but the amount of extra goodness that's been added in here is total class. The new kareoke/guitar playing is a nice touch, the DLC is excellent, and I'm really liking the Wii speaker channel too. The difficulty level is nice and challenging too, even without resorting to having uncomfortable shoulder button presses littered around as was the case in the first game.

Comment

Is it as text heavy as the first?

Comment

I can't remember quite what the first was like but yeah, I'd say there's a reasonable amount of text. Use a guide (like the pics on the first page) and even if you don't know any J-speak, navigation should be fine, but there's still rambling from Barbara inbetween songs on certain modes.

Comment

This is the greatest game on the DS since Zelda, it's an absolutely phenomonal game, and is one of the greatest gaming experiences I have had in my entire life!!!

Comment

I'm far away from a wi-fi connection right now so it'll be a few days before I find this out myself...

How is the download list sorted and are the titles in Roman characters or Japanese? I'm a bit concerned that I won't be able to find the tracks I'm most interested in, particularly those from J-pop bands. Is there and audio preview at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
                  I'm far away from a wi-fi connection right now so it'll be a few days before I find this out myself...

How is the download list sorted and are the titles in Roman characters or Japanese? I'm a bit concerned that I won't be able to find the tracks I'm most interested in, particularly those from J-pop bands. Is there and audio preview at all?
                  Depends on the songs but most are in japanese kana but there are a few written in english that people have submitted. You can preview the song when you download it, you select the song & it will download a preview to listen to & then if you like it you select download & then it will ask you to confirm several times that your really sure you want to download it fully to your cart.

It's pretty simple & due to it having a audio preview you can see if you like it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Jason. I can't wait to get home so I can start downloading stuff.

Comment

I'm messing around with the DLC now. Already grabbed 8 cool tunes but it's a little tricky to find the Japanese stuff. Have to search using kana that I've found on the net but it just doesn't work most of the time.

Still, I have Rocky. Which is obviously amazing.

Comment

Working...
                      X