Guitar Hero Aerosmith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guitar Hero Aerosmith

Got GHA through the post yesterday and just been working my way through the main career. As with GH80's the set list is shorter than GH2/3, only six tiers.

The first two songs of each tier are from bands that have been associated with Aerosmith, then the 3rd, 4th and encore tracks are all Aerosmith.

Mo-cap for the Aerosmith band is pretty good, even the (rubber) lip syncing is impressive.

The game is a lot easier than GH3 (and 2 for that matter), some might find this welcome since a lot of people gave up at Raining Blood.

Achievements seem pretty generous, I got 7 at once after playing the first song!

Even though the track list is shorter and I'm not an Aerosmith fan, the songs are fun to play and the note charts I've played on expert are enjoyable.

There's no online co-op career (something that I was hoping for) or any sign of an offline co-op career mode either. You can still play co-op on and offline, just not as a career.

For those that have left Guitar Hero and moved onto Rock Band exclusively, this is still worth a look because its definitely fun to play and nicely presented, although I must admit I skipped all of the Aerosmith documentary clips between each tier!

I wonder if this supports the Rock Band guitar.
    I imagine the answer is no

Comment

I really want this being a Aerosmith fan but from what your've described Hulk it sounds just like an updated track list. I aint paying £40 for that. Maybe once it drops to around the £25 mark and because i'm lazy mind tellin me the track list. Thanks for your impressions.

Comment

I bought it last night...finished it today on Expert. It's good but far too basic for a full price release, and too easy as well. A lot of songs are very good though

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_976 View Post
          i'm lazy mind tellin me the track list.
          Is this any good:

Comment

Guitar Hero III (PS3) is was my first GH game and I've quite enjoyed so I was thinking of perhaps getting this too when the drops a bit.

Because I'm new to this stuff I've got some questions about compatibility.
            I'm guessing that my GHIII guitar is going to work with this OK?
            If I was to buy just the Rock Band game would I be able to use the GHIII guitar with that?
            Does the PS3 guitar work if I was to buy the older PS2 games to play on my PS3?

Thanks!

Comment

No, it doesn't.

Comment

Buy a PS2 guitar (you can get the wireless Kramer on its own for about £35) and Guitar Hero 1 and Guitar Hero 2, they are both vastly superior games to the Aerosmith title.

Harmonix create much more interesting and 'accurate' (I use that in the loosest possible sense) note charts than Neversoft in my opinion, and the choice of songs in both these titles is great. Unfortunately they stopped being so great about this in Rock Band in my opinion, where I find most of the songs are boring rhythm-fests on guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                  Buy a PS2 guitar (you can get the wireless Kramer on its own for about ?35) and Guitar Hero 1 and Guitar Hero 2, they are both vastly superior games to the Aerosmith title.

Harmonix create much more interesting and 'accurate' (I use that in the loosest possible sense) note charts than Neversoft in my opinion, and the choice of songs in both these titles is great. Unfortunately they stopped being so great about this in Rock Band in my opinion, where I find most of the songs are boring rhythm-fests on guitar.
                  This is so true! the first 2 played so much better than rock band or gh 3 to me

Comment

I've just played through this, and I was suprised how much I enjoyed it. Not too difficult though, but much better than GH 80's.

Comment

Our lass picked me this yesterday as a surprise gift. At first I found it a bit easy and lacking in excitement. Then I played Sweet Emotion (my favourite Aerosmith song by a country mile) and was won over again.
                      I love it, bit exspensive, but then again I didn't pay for it.

Rag Doll is my next song as well

Comment

Pretty much finished this now, except on hard and expert which is well out of my reach i'm afraid!!! Not a bad game, could do with a few more songs though

Comment

Jaysus - was playing this at the weekend and had people 100% songs in face off on expert. Bloody hell, I got my arse kicked.

Comment

Working...
                          X