Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D (iPhone / iPod Touch, ?5.99)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D (iPhone / iPod Touch, ?5.99)

I've gone on a keraaaaaazy game buying spree for this after trying out Super Monkey Ball.

Going from that to this is a big graphical gap. I will say from the start that as far as graphics and looks are concerned it's very rough around the edges. The framerate is very inconsistent and will go from being ultra smooth to jerky quite a lot. There's also a lot of popup going on, but saying this...

...The controls are incredibly well done, and the game plays like a dream.

It reminds me a lot of playing Mario Kart Wii with the wheel. Seriously.

If you don't mind the dodgy framerate in parts, I suggest you check this game out.

The game's played in landscape mode. Acceleration is automatic, and to brake / reverse you hold in the bottom part of the screen. You can tap either the left or right side of the screen to jump, and hold in to drift. Obviously tilting the phone works as the steering wheel and whether you're holding it flat or upright, it's very very responsive.

When you pick up a weapon, you'll get a nice big weapon square icon appear in the right hand corner of the screen. Just tap it to let the weapon loose.

You've got your cups, unlockable characters, a story mode, time trials.

Don't let it's awkward looks get you down, give it a play and you might just like it.
    Last edited by Silvergun X; 13-07-2008, 17:39.

Interesting, might have to give it a go. I bought the Cro-mag really game, only played it for five minutes but the tracks were far too long I thought. Don't suppose you've tried them both?

Comment

Updated with screens.

Comment

The screens are a little odd. Monkey Ball shows it can do nice texture smoothing. And that can be seen in some of these too but then that one on the wood looks like they forgot to turn it on.

Comment

It's just a good thing it plays well, the screens do look bad and it does look a little bit better in motion but it's still no monkey ball in graphical terms.

Comment

Working...
          X