Street Fighter IV (Arcade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Fighter IV (Arcade)

Can`t see a thread for this please merge if there is, I did a search.

So Street Fighter IV, one of my mates played a trial vers a few months ago in Kunitachi Tokyo n he gave me the lowdown before so knew what to expect. First off the cabinet looks cool nice and red with a picture of Ryu on the top.The new female character C.Viper looks very useful as does Abel in capable players hands, and was interesting to watch those characters in action. In Yokohama there is only four cabinets in the local beat em up arcade so not had so much chance to play any other characters. The day it came out it was 1 on 1 off on the machine hence me only being Ryu. Esentially this is a good old SF and it feels good once you start playing it. It feels like 2.5D which is good I think. The graphics take some gettin used to and seem a bit strange at first.

The effects are awesome for some of the moves though, especially the Hadouken the actual ball looks brilliant, and the balance feels good of the game in general. Only played against human people so can`t judge the A.I, but all in all the game seems very good. I`m sure other people have played it who are much more knowledgable about SF than me and can give some better opinions but that`s my 10 pence worth
    Last edited by JU!; 20-07-2008, 04:19.

Tell me about the colision system

Comment

Had a about 20 minutes with this in single player then someone challenged me and saw me off! I`m a sore loser and would have challenged him back but I had the mrs in tow!

First impressions were all good. The graphics are spot on. A perfect blend of 2d and 3d and the animation is amazing. I was a big SF2 arcade player back in the day and its a worthy update. Not sure what your looking for in the "collision system" but it feels like the other Street fighters. I started with Abel and he played like one of the heavier characters (unlike the new mexican guy I fought...he was flying all over the place). Not got my head round all the new features but there are a lot of two button moves (specials, ex`s, throws), one of which is a kind of parry and counter move.

Hopefully I`ll have some more time with it tomorrow. I havent been in the arcades for years but this has made me look forward to going back.

Comment

Could you better define what is meant by "a lot two button moves" ?

It means they changed the way the hadouken/shoryuken are performed?

Comment

From what I gathered from a connection in Japan, there are those Saving Attacks which are being done by MK + MP. Also, there is a revenge bar (loads up when being hit, Shodown style) and the super bar is divided into 4 parts. Saving Attack can charge to level 3 too (3 of the 4 parts being used), becoming unblockable. You can also cancel them by holding the buttons and doing a dash. If you save attack an opponents hadouken, you will get temp damage from it which will restore after a few seconds not being hit.

Oh, and Rufus is broken and absolutely GOD tier as of now.
          Last edited by saturn-gamer; 21-07-2008, 20:08.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
            Yay- nobody seemed to like Rufus character model, but I liked it for some reason. I'll look forward to playing him. On tiers, how are the characters spread out? Is Chunners top tier?
            Oh yeah, is Akuma in the game in the end as well?

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
              From what I gathered from a connection in Japan, there are those Saving Attacks which are being done by MK + MP. Also, there is a revenge bar (loads up when being hit, Shodown style) and the super bar is divided into 4 parts. Saving Attack can charge to level 3 too (3 of the 4 parts being used), becoming unblockable. You can also cancel them by holding the buttons and doing a dash. If you save attack an opponents hadouken, you will get temp damage from it which will restore after a few seconds not being hit.

Hmm,

You take temp damage and then it comes back!? What?s the point of this? So if you?re almost dead and you get hit while saving do you still get KO?ed or do you keep fighting?
              How do you determine the saving attack charge level, is it how long you hold the buttons down for?
              Does an EX move take 1 part of the super bar? Just in the video demoing the saving attack, Ryu deflects a kick, deflects a fireball, does what looks like an ex dragon, which he then cancels then dashes and performs an ex spinning kick. This by my reckoning is 5 blocks of the super unless the yellow flash comes from the cancel as opposed to the dragon.

I think this is why they?ve released it in the Arcade a while before they release it to consoles. They probably plan on working on a massive balancing session before it comes to the home (hopefully!!)

Comment

Even before it hits the home consoles, Capcom will tweak the character balance and release several revisions of the arcade version.

Comment

Any idea where in the UK we can expect to play this? Need to get a heavy dose and relive my childhood

Thank you, please........

Comment

A little birdie tells me that the London Trocodero will be getting it fairly soon...

Comment

Kongster, Haven't seen you on VF5 for a long time dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                        A little birdie tells me that the London Trocodero will be getting it fairly soon...
                        Yeah, I would expect it to appear there soonish. This is going to be playable at the fighter tourney in London this weekend isn't it?
                        Last edited by endo; 22-07-2008, 13:14.

Comment

Yeah, it's gonna be there along with Soul Calibur 4.

Mattfabb - you have pm

Comment

If anyone has any concrete details on this appearing at the Troc, me and a few people are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                              Hmm,

You take temp damage and then it comes back!? What?s the point of this? So if you?re almost dead and you get hit while saving do you still get KO?ed or do you keep fighting?
                              How do you determine the saving attack charge level, is it how long you hold the buttons down for?
                              Does an EX move take 1 part of the super bar? Just in the video demoing the saving attack, Ryu deflects a kick, deflects a fireball, does what looks like an ex dragon, which he then cancels then dashes and performs an ex spinning kick. This by my reckoning is 5 blocks of the super unless the yellow flash comes from the cancel as opposed to the dragon.

I think this is why they?ve released it in the Arcade a while before they release it to consoles. They probably plan on working on a massive balancing session before it comes to the home (hopefully!!)
                              I believe EX and Saving attack each take 1 quarter of the Super and Revenge gauge. Holding down MK+MP is charging, it looks like the unblockable is done by simply holding till it executes.

I don't know about the recharge of the energybar, it puzzles me too. I think you simply can't die if you Save attack a fatal blow, but a hit afterwards will kill so back off is the option.

Comment

Working...
                              X