Final Fantasy IV DS (US Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F*** You Square F*** You!

I was level 32 and then because Cecil had to be a ****ty paladin, he's gone back to level 1, LEVEL 1!
    Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 09-08-2008, 20:34.

Comment

Don't worry, he soon does more damage than any other character and cover and that taunt augment make him incredibly handy. Especially considering how often casters get one-shotted by bosses.

Comment

I got over my pissy fit and levelled him back up to where he was before. I can't stand having my main character being alot lower than my other party members. Took me hours of constant grinding though...

I'm enjoying it again now!

Comment

Right at the endboss now, pending a bit of grinding I should have it beat tonight.

The CPU boss is the most annoying boss in the game by far. Beating him relies purely on luck (that he doesn't do one of it's two moves twice in a row). Took me about 7 attempts to finally beat him.

Comment

Is there any point in levelling up Cid? He just joined my party, but i don't want to level him up and not use him again.

Comment

You never have a choice of characters in the game, they're always imposed on you.

Cid isn't an especially useful character either through unique abilities or through strength.

Comment

Looking for a new RPG for the DS - can anyone specifically recommend this over Dragon Quest: Chapters of the Chosen, the first play thread of which has a good number of people claiming that it's the DS's best RPG.

Never played either before and both are being currently sold in Gamestation for £14.99 each.

Which would last me the longer?

Comment

I'd say they're very similar in length. FFIV is marginally the better game due to better production values and more characterisation.

DQ has a lot of charm, but unfortunately they left out about half the dialogue from the Japanese version so your party never speaks. Story isn't as strong either. Has a different feel to FFIV though

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                    I'd say they're very similar in length. FFIV is marginally the better game due to better production values and more characterisation.

DQ has a lot of charm, but unfortunately they left out about half the dialogue from the Japanese version so your party never speaks. Story isn't as strong either. Has a different feel to FFIV though
                    DQ IV has a much better script (but yes, they messed up big time leaving out the party dialogue). I can appreciate why some people find the DQ battle system overly repetitive, but I'd definitely take it over FF IV.

Comment

Was thinking about getting FF IV. How long is it to play through, and is it still available anywhere?

Comment

It's a decent length. I'd guess 30-40 hours but I can't remember exactly how long I took playing it. Should be able to find it at bargain basement prices (most Square-enix games really don't hold value on the DS for some reason)

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                          It's a decent length. I'd guess 30-40 hours but I can't remember exactly how long I took playing it. Should be able to find it at bargain basement prices (most Square-enix games really don't hold value on the DS for some reason)
                          Been hunting around but no luck so far. These Square games for the DS really seem to have low production runs...

Comment

Working...
                          X