Soul Calibur II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soul Calibur II

I am quite surprised there is no thread about this great game. I bought it two years ago and it's one of my favourite games for the Cube.
    After reading the thread about Soul Calibur IV, I really wanted to go play some Soul Calibur II, although this one doesn't have online.

Anyway, today I played and completed the Extra Time Attack Hard difficulty (I believe it was the first time I did it), but didn't make it to the end of the Very Hard one.
    I have already completed the Weapon Master Mode though, but I still have to unlock the Lizardmen.

Regarding the characters, my favourite is Mitsurugi. I also can do some stuff with Link, Cervantes and Nightmare, but it's with Mitsurugi that I am really powerful. He is great for combos.

What about you?

Yeah, I have it for the cube also. This version has the best music out of them all in my opinion.

Comment

I just can't get into it - I bought a used GC version when I got my first GC about 18 months ago and it just does nothing for me. I have the original DC Soul Calibur given to me free by Sega when a DC Dreamarena order went bad and I couldn't get into that either.

It's weird because my favourite beat 'em up fighter is Tekken's Yoshimitsu who turns up in SCII yet he and all the SCII characters feel oddly detached, less direct and cruder to use when compared Tekken.
      DOA on the DC gives me exactly the same feel too.

Maybe it's me just being so used to Tekken and the Dualshock. I certainly don't like the GC controller for this type of game just like I don't like the DC controller for DOA either. I've even thought about buying the PS2 version of SCII to see whether that would be more to my liking.

Comment

Working...
      X