Infinite Undiscovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinite Undiscovery

My copy of the game arrived this morning from the 'bay. Just thought i would post my first impressions. I've played an hour of it so far, it seems nice enough, it does have some odd if lovely colour pallette and the graphics are really nice.

The voice acting is between average and mediocre, just wait till you hear the guy in blue's voice completly over the top generic angry person voice. The lip syncing is really bad, infact there is points when theres a voice but the lips arn't moving at all.

The first section of the game starts you off in a dungeon woods which is more or less an hour tutorial. With complete big ass instruction panels. The combat seems decent enough, but i haven't really had much of a chance to get to grips with because most of the time at that part your fleeing for your life. Not a great start, but it aint bad. Hopefully it will open up more later.

In the woods the game tells you to act stealthy, but i couldn't give a rats arse about it so i just hacked and slashed my way through. It isn't really needed. The area is set in the middle of the night, so its completly dark with only torches set around the place to lead you in the right direction.

The combat, what can i say it just seems to be ok so far. I did have some problems though. You have to use your 2nd character to target exploding barrels and such, its great in theory but it doesn't work when you have a massive ogre chasing you from behind, so by the time you have got her in place to take the shot you get knocked over.

I can see this being a problem later on if the areas are small. For the main character which is sword fighting. Simple enough you just tap A for light attack and B for Special/Heavy attacks.

It works like a scrolling beat-em-up. AAAB for a decent combo for instance. Sometimes its a bit awkward to do something as simple as that as you might not be in the right direction or close enough, you have to be right on them to get a hit. It's just something you have to get use to or manipulate the camera.

I've enjoyed my time with it so far, hopefully i will be able to post some more impressions later if Too Human doesn't get in the way.
    Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 02-09-2008, 14:47.

Sounds like a decent game. It was between this and Viva Pinata 2 for me this week, I went for the latter. Might pick this up some time in the new year though, can see the price dropping.

From your impressions it seems like the combat is a bit hit and miss. Would like to know you get on with later on in the game with more enemies. Are the visuals as good as Lost Odyssey?

Comment

Has it JPN language support and subs as well on PAL?

Comment

It doesn't have JPN language support unfortunatly. Its just below par with Lost Odyssey's visuals. It doesn't mean its a bad looking game. Looks lovely, once you get to the first village. Its miles better looking than Blue Dragon.
        Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 02-09-2008, 17:04.

Comment

Is there going to be a JPN voices/ENG text Asian version? I'd wait for that.

Comment

The English language Asian version is out September 25th - if it will have Japanese voices I don't know.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if the PAL and/or US versions will work on an Asian console? Thanks.

Comment

Really looking forward to this. GAME were packing on Monday for me, yet it still has not shipped. :O Very upset as was looking forward to it in the morning tomorrow. Oh well, another day won't kill me.

However VGP say its NOT region-free.
                Bit worrying as I'll now have to cancel my Last Remnant pre-order just in case.

Plus, Project Sylpheed was region free (but that was technically GameArts published by Square-Enix)

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post

However VGP say its NOT region-free.
                  Bit worrying as I'll now have to cancel my Last Remnant pre-order just in case.
                  Yeah, just read that Pity as the English language Asian one isn't out until the 25th and the Eng. Asian Tales of Vesperia is out on Thursday but won't have it til next week!

Comment

I think VGPlus only check for PAL compatibility, so US version may work on Japanese/Asian 360's.

Comment

Started playing this again now that Too Human is finished. The voice acting just gets worse including bad lipsync and rubbish animated mouths, thankfully alot of the cutscenes are in text.

The combat system seems fun enough, its basically a ripoff of any Tales game but with a 3d camera, its no where near as good mind and it still has the problems i mentioned earlier.

The parry system which is only your defense at the moment is completly broken, its way too slow and none of the enemies have any audio cues to help you out. I think i have only managed to do it once. I just don't bother using it as it makes it open to recieving more damage than anything else.

I don't know if i'm enjoying this more than Too Human tbh. Wish i could play Tales of Vesperia instead.

Comment

Yeah, from what i've read, I think I will wait for Tales of Vesperia.

Comment

Right, i give up on this. I knew i shouldn't have given Tri-Ace another shot. Not going to happen again. The story is generic and all the characters are completly unoriginal and unlikable, like i said previously it doesn't help that every person is voiced by a soulless performance.

The combat is dirivitive and completly unfun due to its problems. It really hurts in every department. The only good things going for it are the strong Orchestrial score by Motoi Sakuraba which is mesmerising and the bright colourful graphics.

If i had to give it a score, i would give it a 4/10. I know i might sound like i'm being harsh, but i played through Too Human before this and i enjoyed that more. That just says everything.

I'm going to trade it in tomorrow for Spore before it hits the soon to be bargain bins.
                          Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 04-09-2008, 15:06.

Comment

I love Tri-Ace games. I have not played too much of it yet, but I have to say, the music is gorgeous!

Comment

Yea the soundtrack is definately the highlight so far for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X