• Show
Clear All

long shooto!

another tip in

headed through his own goal

from sin bin zero to hero

Comment

Good vids.

Has anyone had the issue I seem to be having with Be A Pro? Namely, my player goes through phases.

Some days I can't buy a goal, and get a jolly-up of assists.

Other days I rip in half a dozen, by no-one scores from my passes.

The other night I had 1+12 in about 6 games.

Last night I had 9+0 in 5 games.

Bizarre. Maybe it's just me, lazing into a particular style of play on a particular night, and not getting out of it until the next night.

Pleased with my current stats though:

In the NHL, played 29, goals 27, assists 27.

In the AHL, played 12, goals 9, assists 7.

For the season: Played 41, goals 36, assists 34, points 70. Plus-48 rating. Laid almost 400 hits.

You should join our team, Jimtendo! With VP in it, you spend half the game on the PK!

Comment

Me and Team Yoonas had a few games online last night, first game we lost 2-0 after battering them with shots and chances.

2nd game was us two v four people. It started quite well and then turned into a proper niggle fest, we were getting beat like 3-1 or something and they wouldnt fight so I started laying loads of hits and chipping them after the whistle. I ended up having a fight with their big dirty enforcer and whupped him but only just. Even Team Yoonas had a fight but got whipped.

I think my fave moment last night was getting a 5 minute boarding penalty on single player.
        Last edited by vanpeebles; 24-09-2008, 11:51.

Comment

Wow just had a 5 goal game against The Wild - everyone seemed to rip in!

NHL: games 35, goals 39, assists 30, Plus-51.

Comment

I got 5 mins for boarding with this lil doozy. He got carried off too!

Comment

This cleared the slot! Blink and you'll miss it - needs a few plays. Don't understand why it's so fast, I'm sure I slowed it down. Ah well.
              Last edited by prinnysquad; 24-09-2008, 19:25.

Comment

Chara wouldn't fight me so I blew him away

Comment

Are you guys playing the 360 or PS3 version? I'm not sure which to pick up and wondered if they were pretty much the same or whether one performs notably better than the other.

I don't have a Gold LIVE account yet (I've not played a console online as yet) but I think it might be worth it for this.

Comment

Prinny and peebles are 360 guys.

Comment

Thanks Paulos ... though on price alone I just bought the PS3 version in town (cheaper than the 360 version which was either 49.99 or 44.99, and the PS3 one was 39.99).

It does my head in when the same game on PS3 & 360 are different prices.

Still, back on topic ... really looking forward to putting some time into pro mode.

Comment

Got this on PS3 over the weekend so if you want a game some time Atticus you can add me if you want: doodledude

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
                          Got this on PS3 over the weekend so if you want a game some time Atticus you can add me if you want: doodledude
                          Aye, will do Once I get to grips with it I'll venture online.

My id is: bunk-72

Comment

Played 2 games online last night ... absolutely brilliant ... though I/we lost both games (1-2 and 3-1) but I did score a lovely goal in the second game and nearly woke the baby up Can't wait to play some more but I do need to work on a few things. In the second game and I only won about 3 or 4 face-offs, when normally, against the CPU, I win around 95%.

Doodledude, I just missed you last night. Noticed you came on just as I was finishing. Will hopefully hook for a game soon.

Quick question (as I'm not very clued in on online gaming): Do you need the fastest option broadband for it to perform properly? We have the slowest, entry level option and I wondered whether we need to up it.

Comment

My connection is kept going by a team of hamsters running on wheels at my ISP. They get tired every hour, so my connection drops. It means playing online is a lottery.

If your game runs fine then your connection will be ok. Mine runs like laggy toss unless it's a sunday morning or something.

On the plus side, my Be a Pro stats are currently thus:

NHL - Games 50, Goals 59, Assists 41, Points 100. PIMs 84, Plus 79 rating.
                              AHL - Games 12, Goals 9, Assists 7, Points 16. PIMs 0, Plus 6 rating.
                              Season totals: Games 62, Goals 68, Assists 48, Points 116, PIMS 84, Plus 85 ratiing.

Got an assist in the All Star game too!
                              Not bad for a defenceman.
                              I don't believe you boys got the PS3 version
                              Last edited by prinnysquad; 30-09-2008, 19:18.

Comment

Just lost a 4+2 game thanks to that twating stupid profile management system. Disconnect - couldn't sign back into NHL 09 profile - couldn't save data unless signed into a profile. Absolute toss!

Just save, cocknose!
                                Last edited by prinnysquad; 01-10-2008, 17:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X