Ducati Moto (DS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ducati Moto (DS)

Sure I'm right in saying this is the first proper motorcycling game for the DS. Came out here couple of weeks back, it's a budget title with a £19.99 RRP.

Usual racing game fare of Free Play (Time Trial basically), Championship Mode, Multiplayer (via WiFi or multicard).

Graphically looks OK, not fantastic, but the bikes and scenery are pretty well detailed. There is a fairly decent realism of speed.
    Top screen is the gaming screen with the bottom one being a map showing your position and your opponents.

Sound is pretty lame - though you're never going to capture a Ducati V-Twin roar on the DS. Switching the music off was one of the first things I did when switching it on.

Playability wise the bikes turn pretty fast and I managed to complete a couple of tracks without once letting go of the throttle button, handling is purely arcade realism wise.

There is a stunt mode also, which I've not looked in to yet.

Tracks and bikes need to be unlocked via the Championship Mode (which has Easy & Hard difficulty), there are 15 tracks in total, and 11 bikes, seen the Monster, Super Motard and 916 so far. You can upgrade your bike engine, tyres, suspension wise with prize money - improving the engine and maximum speed by up to ten percent.

Overall a 5 out of 10 from me so far, nice attempt, but looking like a fairly average racer.

Couple of screenshots

I love the Hang On games and Manx TT. Can't get into sims.

Worth me picking this up would you say?

Comment

Was thinking the same? As an arcade game, does it deliver some decent TT action? Or is it not really good enough.

Comment

It does what it says on the tin, just an average racer really. Can't see the Time Trialling side keeping you enthralled for long to be honest. I love console motorcycle racing games so perhaps was just expecting too much from Nintendo's twin screened handheld.

Decent Youtube video of the gameplay (skip the first minute)

It's £16.99 on Amazon if you fancy giving it a whirl, don't know if cheaper at VG+ or anywhere.

Comment

Working...
        X