World Of Goo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
    I think I'm slowing coming to believe that this may actually be the best puzzle game ever invented;
    Don't think I can agree with that. The puzzles aren't hard enough. In fact most of them aren't puzzles. You just build a bridge and off you go. I've not gone back to it after my first play though. Normally the draw of things like the OCD scores would pull me in, but in this case I just couldn't be bothered. It's a fantastic game (see review on http://www.console-arcade.com/) but it's more of a "diversion" game than a "puzzle" game. i.e. you spend most of your time doing the obvious, with only a tiny bit of thought.

Comment

I hope Japan gets it soon too.

Comment

Thread necro in honour of World of Goo's first birthday, and the fact that the game is now available for as little as $0.01 until October 19th.

Everyone who didn't play this- you now have no excuse.
        It's one of the best indie game I've ever played, and one of my favourite games full stop.

Yes your PC can run it

Comment

Because of the choose your own price system it made me download the demo from Steam and it's brilliant fun. Love the music and colours in the level 'Ode to the Bridge Builder'.

Haven't bought it just yet though, but I probably will once I finish off the whole demo.

Even my crappy old PC can run this as well!

Comment

Oh My! just how good is this, I downloaded it for a few pence yonks ago, but bought it again in the GFW sale and have been playing it over Xmas. Absolutely brilliant, just kept getting crazier and cleverer. Brilliant!

Comment

Im tempted to get this on the Ipad, its just under six quid though and typically for the Ipad/Iphone I play most games for a few minutes before never playing them again with a small handful of exceptions. It does look intriguing though, coupled with the feedback in this thread it may be worth a risk

Comment

This is one of my favourite games ever.
                If only it had a slightly steeper difficulty curve and a few extra worlds it would be 100% perfect to me.

For six quid I'd say it's worth it for the art and soundtrack alone.

Comment

Working...
                X