Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldnt mind giving that a tank slapper

Comment

Really enjoying this so far - probably more than GTA IV TBH! I've been playing for almost 8 hours now and only just started doing the main story missions! Spent so long doing side missions and earning loads of cool rewards!

One question though, done the prologue (and got the achievement) so have the big crib

the Stillwater underground type one - you get it after mission 3 or something

and just wondering, how do I custome the crib? The I can't find the sofa icon like the little red light one does? Am I missing something, or can I just not customise it yet?

Comment

You can't customise the base. It'll get upgraded automatically as the story goes on. All the other cribs can be customised, though.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS View Post
          You can't customise the base. It'll get upgraded automatically as the story goes on. All the other cribs can be customised, though.
          Ahhhh I see!

Thanks for that, I was going mad looking for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Friction View Post
            Really enjoying this so far - probably more than GTA IV TBH! I've been playing for almost 8 hours now and only just started doing the main story missions! Spent so long doing side missions and earning loads of cool rewards!
            Totally agree... on fun factor this far exceeds GTA4; we've only gone through 1 set of missions, and caned loads of activities - managed around 50%.

The best thing is, the novelty hasn't even started to wear off yet - which is great, as I tend to get bored of things quite easily, and don't finish them...

One of the coolest things so far is the

Spitfire type aircraft with dual cannons on the front

... awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post

Word.
              lol...your character has one glove on to, the same as mine.

Comment

at at 30 hrs the storyline is complete. Amazing game and is exactly what a sand box game should be. This is not only one of the great games of this year but actually hits my top ten ever.

Comment

Just finished the story missions as well today, still need to do the hidden

Julius mission though

nowhere near to doing 100% yet either, about 67% at the minute but will probably go for that over the next month or two.

Comment

I love this game, but the amount of crashing in co-op is starting to grate a bit. We had two crashes last night during a 2 hour session .

Still, when I see an enemy car hit a ramp and land on another enemy car chasing us, taking them both out in a huge fireball, it makes up for it .

Comment

Despite the amount of minor (and one game breaking) errors I've faced, I have to say I'm really starting to get stuck into this much more. Started off with the Brotherhood mission line and the story is really quite something (thought the story for the first game was good, but this is something else - not quite as good as GTA:SA's but it dwarfs GTA's 4 snorefest). I really felt something watching

poor old Carlos suffering after being dragged along behind one of the brotherhood's vehicles - the bullet to the head was a very poignant moment I thought, and a real shame as he was such a good character.

Really enjoyed watching

Jessica locked in the boot of her car get crushed under a monster truck though - sweet, sweet justice

Aiming to have the hitman missions cleared this evening, I like the way each target now has a mini requirement in order to cause said target to appear.

Comment

The final boss bit of the Brotherhood missions is very good as well, probably my favourite boss mission in the game.

The more I play this the more I'm impressed with the graphics after being initially underwhelmed. The start of the game in the red light distict looks pretty bare so doesn't impress that much but the old Saints Row district, University area and the Marina are very good imo, the indoor enviroments are high quality as well, the fact that the game has things like underground caverns and a hidden

research centre inside a mountain

amongst other things is just brilliant. Can't wait for the DLC in December, just hope it's a bit more than the usual extra costumes, jewellery etc.

Had another bit of pure genius with the physics in this again last night, saw a car crash into a set of traffic lights, the traffic lights must of shot about 60ft in the air, only for them to come crash landing right on top of a pedestrian

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
                          Had another bit of pure genius with the physics in this again last night, saw a car crash into a set of traffic lights, the traffic lights must of shot about 60ft in the air, only for them to come crash landing right on top of a pedestrian
                          You just can't get angry with the physics flaws... I'm sure they left some of them in deliberately.

E.g. the tunnel near the middle of the map - there's some curb, and 50% of the time when I drive over it at speed, it launches me in any direction, at any speed... always a chuckle.

Comment

I cant stop playing this lol................

im seriously considering taking some time off to sink into it! lol............

I think whats really gettin my juices flowing is the customisation of it all, and how relatively easy it is to get money. The fact that you can buy into properties and the inclusion of the 80s radio channel!

i have my gripes and i must admit that after playing it for about 30mins initially i was ready to swap it, as it jus wasn't doing it for me, then i dicovered the 80s radio and it all fell into place.........

One really nice addition is my ability to get peeps to accompanyme around teh place which is nice, but the key detail that made me smile is when you jack a car thats a 2 seater, and you have 2 peeps accompanying you, one fella sits shotgun and the other jacks another nearby car and follows you from behind! Great detail!

I never thought anything could take me away from dead space, but this has lol!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                              ...then i dicovered the 80s radio and it all fell into place.........
                              Hell Yeah - Tears for Fears FTW...!

Comment

Is there any way i can get it to switch to The Mix 107.7 by default ? I hate having to cycle through all the pap to listen to The Final Countdown again

Comment

Working...
                                X