• Show
Clear All

Downloading it now. On Origin..

Comment

not the origin version!

It's bugged, you can't get the resolution up beyond 1024*600

Comment

But I'm playing at 1920x1200?

Funny that it limits it to 30 FPS with vsync on but with vsync off it's playing between 130fps and 150. lol
        Last edited by speedlolita; 17-10-2013, 20:39.

Comment

I was lying you didn't fall for it. goddamn

If you force Vsync via your graphics card's control panel it should bypass the frame limiter.

Comment

Vsync literally kills my mouse movement. I'll force it off.

What I get for using a 400 DPI mouse I guess.

EDIT: Nah this is ridiculous, can't play like this.
            Last edited by speedlolita; 17-10-2013, 21:01.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              So it's worth playing the original and not skipping to the sequel?
              Didn't see this. Get it, it's one of my favourite games, and the sequel is ace too.

Comment

Completed chapter 3 now and still really enjoying it. Such incredible atmosphere and the elevator moment made my jump big style. Didn't even notice it wasn't a cut scene for a second! The cinematics are so unobtrusive, really well done. Slightly samey enemies so far which is a pity, love the zero G sections too.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Vsync literally kills my mouse movement. I'll force it off.

What I get for using a 400 DPI mouse I guess.

EDIT: Nah this is ridiculous, can't play like this.
                  Can't you use a 360 controller for this on PC? Or are you talking about general mouse usage on PC?

Comment

I could use a 360 pad on my PC but I don't have one. The mouse crawl is so slow even with vsync off and the mouse sensitivity set to max that it simply ruins the experience of playing.

Comment

Have you searched for a fix? I had a mouse issue with Dead Space and found a fix. Can't remember what it was but there was more to it than changing v-sync.

Comment

Deep into chapter 6 now and this keeps getting better. It really picked up for a while in terms of pace, several times I legged it unsure if the enemies were possible to defeat. Panic was really starting to set in, not only with the gameplay but in terms of plot.
                        Pace has relented, good design imo, doesn't need to go overboard.

Comment

Finally finished this. It really tales off after chapter 6 and didn't really pick up until much later. I still really enjoyed it but got bored of the constant dullness of the Ishimura. The end was really good though, decent boss fight and good plot. 8/10 for me, just lacks that sparkle.

Comment

HAPOY 10TH BIRTHDAY DEAD SPACE!!

Such a fantastic title. As was the sequel. Maybe, hopefully, one day, EA will resurrect the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              HAPOY 10TH BIRTHDAY DEAD SPACE!!

Such a fantastic title. As was the sequel. Maybe, hopefully, one day, EA will resurrect the franchise.
                              Still can’t believe to this day the demo EA put out for this. Put me off the game and I never gave it a second look until a good year and half after release.

How wrong I was about that. It’s almost like EA did it on purpose to sabotage their own title, bonkers.

One of my games of the generation DS1, just mesmerising from start to finish.

Comment

Is the PS3 version of this any good or is it one of those that are much better on a 360? Ta.

Comment

Working...
                                X