Portal: Still Alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portal: Still Alive

Got this a while ago and had a quick play of it.

Went stright to the new challenge levels and while the first two were pretty simple the third one has me currently stumped as there seems to be absolubtley nothing to do. There are 14 all together so if this level is any indication these are gonna be really hard to complete.

It's also worth pointing out that the achivements are completely different to those in the original portal, Theres some really obscure ones about chickens which i dont fully understand yet for instance.

Overall, despite the fact that i know these new levels are free on the PC, Ive really enjoyed what Ive played of this so far.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

How much is this? I have 800 points spare, think carefully about your answer, tread carefully Cleric etc...

Comment

Sorry, its 1200 points.

Though personaly I'd say its worth them.

Comment

I'm very tempted to get this... 1200 is a tenner right?

£10 for a HD install and 14 extra levels?

Whats everyone else doing?

Comment

I'm passing.

Much as I adored Portal and would dearly love to experience the new levels I can't shake the feeling that, for those of us who already have the Orange Box, 1200 points for 14 new levels is too much money for too little content. There's no denying it's an excellent buy for those who've yet to experience Portal's charms however.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
            I'm passing.

Much as I adored Portal and would dearly love to experience the new levels I can't shake the feeling that, for those of us who already have the Orange Box, 1200 points for 14 new levels is too much money for too little content. There's no denying it's an excellent buy for those who've yet to experience Portal's charms however.
            exactly pretty poo for the people who already have this i downloaded it and had a play on the challenge level your allotted and i though wow new levels, but why couldn't these challenge levels have been released as dlc for the orange box,

Apart form the new achievements everything else is identical, whats more confusing is the buy me screen lists the commentary as a majour selling point ??? this was on the orange box version.

a slap in the face for people who already own this thanks Microsoft.

Comment

Indeed. If the new levels were released as DLC for around 600 points, I'd have snapped it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                I'm passing.

There was only 19 levels in the original portal, and these are harder IMO from what Ive played so far and will probabaly take you longer to complete, so a tenner is actualy as good value, especialy considering youre getting the original game on your HD too.

Comment

I see your point and, yeah, I suppose even for existing Portal players who've got rid of The Orange Box it represents a good opportunity to have Portal on their hard drive and so represents good value. But for those, like me, who still own The Orange Box and are intent on keeping it, it's not such a good deal, especially considering the 14 new levels are free for PC users.

Comment

I spent money on a new points card just for this. The first thing I'll be doing when I get home is downloading it.

Comment

Are these "new" levels from the PC, or are they from the flash game or something?

I agree, as someone who owned OB/Portal, I think 1200 points for 14 levels is too much. Besides, I have OB on the PC now so I'm sorted

Comment

I think they are from the flash game.

Comment

Tried it earlier, and as I already have Orange Box, I won't be shelling out for it.

Just noticed it's a tad (i.e. twice the limit) larger than the XBLA limit, no?

Comment

How big is the download, out of interest?

Comment

650 MB or thereabouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X