No announcement yet.

Fallout 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it true that if the you install the GOTY edition to your hard drive you can use the regular Fallout 3 disc to play it including all the extra content?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      How did people handle the tree in the Oasis quest?
      IIRC i saved the tree, but killed all the mirelurks and in there masters........ I try and be as good as possible. Ive been meaning to be a bastard, but figured id wait till the GOTY version came out to start again.......... I guess its time to start again then lol...........

Comment

I know this is an old game, but considering the amount there is to do in the game the chances of everyone having done everything are quite slim (I know there's a mountain of stuff I didn't see first time around). With that in mind, can we still be wary of posting spoilers please? Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
          Is it true that if the you install the GOTY edition to your hard drive you can use the regular Fallout 3 disc to play it including all the extra content?
          Yup you can do this as thats exactly what im doing right now, i use my old version to play & keep my goty edition as a spare. Just used the dlc disk & installed it into my machine.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Yup you can do this as thats exactly what im doing right now, i use my old version to play & keep my goty edition as a spare. Just used the dlc disk & installed it into my machine.
            So in theory, what you could do is rent or borrow the GOTY game from a store or friend, install it to yah HD and not actually have to shell out and more money for the same game.......... Interesting..........

Comment

I would start again, I played the first bunch of DLC with my old character and regretted it, I played Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta with my new character and it was more challanging but more rewading.

Originally posted by Btang84 View Post
              Bought the GOTY edition yesterday, but hadn't opened it since I was mulling over how to approach it. I didn't want to play the DLC straight away, so initially I decided to start again like everybody else here. However, that plan has gone out the window and I'm continuing with my level 20 fighter. As much as I would have liked to be bad in my second playthrough, I wouldn't have cared enough to require a 2nd run through the game and there is a lot of end-game stuff I've yet to do, so I hope to mop up the remaining quests and do the DLC packs in-between and that should get me several dozen hours of game-time and I'll be happy.

I've just explored a bit more and it's still a superb game, though there was the odd stutter. Definitely looking forward to playing the DLC packs over the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                So in theory, what you could do is rent or borrow the GOTY game from a store or friend, install it to yah HD and not actually have to shell out and more money for the same game.......... Interesting..........

Exactly my plan.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post

Yeah you can do exactly that as once the dlc disk has installed the stuff you no longer need it as it dosen't ask for it again.

Comment

Wow, managed to accidentally cut a mahoosive corner off of this by mistake over the weekend.

I did the Big Trouble in Little Big Town and thought I should check the urchins made it back to Little Lamplight. Went there for the first time and had a mooch around and discovered Vault 87 (or 82) out the back.

Slowly progressed through, taking out supermutants on the way, until I found Fawkes in his vault. I tried released him the two different ways (fire alarm and hacking computer) and after chatting, he headed off to the irradiated section and got the suitcase he claimed I wanted.

We'd not discussed any suitcase! Came out with what I presume was a project to fertilize the soil, only for me to be knocked out and taken to Raven Rock and the mission "The American Dream" began.

I've been trying to do the side quests first, so despite being level 19, I'm only up to Scientific Pursuits on the main quest - so that's a massive 5 missions I skipped.

So I reloaded and avoided the final part of that area.

Bit confused as I thought

freeing Fawkes added him as a sidekick?

Still loving this game though!

Comment

Right, late to the party with this and looking for some advice if any of you would be kind enough to offer some.

I'm about eight hours in and appear to have cleared Megaton of most quests (I've done the ones relating to the bomb, the pipes, the drug habit, the Wasteland Survival Guide, Moriarty's bird in Springvale and the fantastic "Blood Ties" quest). I'm level 5 and now sort of getting "the fear"; I've been clinging to Megaton for diversions and quests, and don't quite know how to approach proceeding.

Should I head towards GNR and see what else is thrown up my way? Or should I wander around aimlessly looking to stumble across something awesome? Or have I missed a relatively big location/thread of quests?

Comment

It's up to you of course. GNR is some distance from Megaton, so you're sure to stumble across something interesting on your way if you fancy distractions. If you head East from Megaton you'll come to a place called Grayditch as well, that has quite a cool quest line starting there.

Comment

You've done all the Wasteland Survival Guide missions and didn't get distracted along the way? Christ, that's what I call focused.

Comment

Well I prematurely ended that quest thread by accident due to my dialogue selections, so only did the first chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Bit confused as I thought

freeing Fawkes added him as a sidekick?
                              Well, you accidentally exploited a glitch to skip some missions, so I don't know if it'll work the same for you. IIRC

I met up gain with Fawkes after completing that level and being kidnapped by the Enclave - you run into him outside when you escape their base. I believe I read that Fawkes only follows you if you have good karma - there are also other followers, some of whom also demand good karma, others neural, some are bad guys.

I think this is all documented on the Fallout wiki, but that is kinda hard to read without exposing yourself to too many spoilers.

Comment

On that note, I thought

Fawkes had died/left me (As I mention earlier in the thread), but after reloading my save recently I found him standing behind me in the reactor room for Project Purity. So he might reappear at some arbitrary point in the future.

I'm at level four I think on current play through, haven't done a great deal yet. I think I might just wander in the opposite direction to all the action (Northwest from Megaton) and see what I find.

Comment

Working...
                                X