Alone In The Dark (PS3 Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alone In The Dark (PS3 Version)

Bought this today from GAME, I've actually played and finished the 360 version so I'll be able to tell whats new and so on.

Here's the lowdown, the game only supports 720p there is a small installation about 3GB takes around 5mins.

There is a patch out (60mb) for trophy support of which I can tell by looking at them is just the same as the 360 acheveiments.

I really enjoyed this game first time round so my opinion hasn't really changed much, having camera controls is a good (duh!) theres no need to pick up batteries anymore and the menu system works better too.

Theres some new content in there, so the box says but I've only played for about 1 hour.

I don't understand why they didn't put a third person view for shooting, not that it's a big problem.

I know views of this game are very mixed (aren't they all?) but think it's worth picking up for horror fans.

Sounds promising, I avoided the 360 version because of the mixed views so I know hardly anything about it. Is it a good game to watch - wife usually likes to help out whilst I'm playing games like this, shouting at me and the screen offering help (criticism) when needed!

Pete

Comment

thanks for the impressions dude! Im off to the States at the end of the week and might jus snap this up over there, if i can find it cheaper. Although might not given teh state of the conversion rate and then teh addition of tax pfft...........

Im assuming its still episodic like the previous versions........ Seems stupid to me that they didnt include the trophies and require you to download 60mb of it! Ridiculous!

Comment

Yeah you can still skip episodes, I believe the trophies were a last minute thing, I have no clue why the download is so big.

Comment

Started this last night as part of my catch up and like Flinty I went through the 360 one back when it came out. I have to say, so far the changes are subtle but they are there. The most noticable sequence is that driving one which despite not seeing any real difference in how it pans out is much easier now. I've blazed through the first 2 of 8 episodes and the only thing I sometimes have difficulty with is the twitchiness of the controls. Still, with the difficulty seemingly dialled down it's much easier to take in the set pieces which are all really good so far.

Comment

Working...
          X