Banjo Kazooie (Live Arcade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
    It's funny how he kept referencing how the game is "old" like it's some kind of forgotten, ancient home computer title from the early 80's. The reviewer clearly hadn't played the original at the time, probably playing PC games or something.

(Paraphrasing): "you have to understand this game is SO old, so it's not like new games you play these days on your Xbox 360! Not even a his-res texture in sight, but just bear with it."

He seemed so keen on pointing out that the game is 10 years old (!) and how this is all a bit restricting for some reason, and yet fails to acknowledge the far more interesting (and practically unassailable) fact that there hasn't been a better 3D platformer since Banjo Kazooie first arrived (with the possible exception of Super Mario Galaxy and to a lesser extent - Super Mario Sunshine).

Comment

That is one of the most impressive things about it, it has really aged well. 3D games typically don't age well because the tech is one of the main driving forces behind them.

Comment

Wow that's the harshest review I've seen for this game yet. It's remains a thing of beauty, both to look at and the way it's structured. In fact, it's more polished than most of the recent games I've played in the last 12 months.

Needless to say the RG review is going to be far more preferable

Comment

Anyone know what the latest update did? It certainly didn't fix the slowdown, it gets really bad on 1080p sometimes.

Comment

i loved banjo kazooie ...and when i get my xbox back its a must download for me

Comment

Been playing through this, loving it as much as I did back then!
              Anyone who hasn't played this needs to make a point of getting it, it really is a wonderful platformer.

One thing I'm wondering tho...Can and will Rare reveal the original intergration ideas of the Ice Key and the Special Eggs displayed in the original ending?

The whole 'Stop and Swap' feature was written off by Nintendo but now we've got the games coming to XBLA surely they can just add something to the save so things can be transferred across between the 2 games? (assuming Banjo 2 is coming...)

This would make a lot of fans very happy and lay to rest questions that have been asked for the past 10 years!

Comment

I know that if you unlock the Ice Key in the original game you can unlock something in Nuts & Bolts, theres an imprint of a key ontop of the Gym in Nuts & Bolts. I think they just get you new vehicle parts.

Comment

Apparently all of the Stop and Swap features trigger something in Nuts and Bolts. Excellent use of a lost feature imo.

All Rare need to do now is release Mire Mare on XBLA.

Comment

Yep, just confirmed that myself...

Went hunting on the net and found how to get the hidden areas on BK. I went and collected one of the eggs and it told me that it was one of the hidden 7 stop n swap features and it would unlock goodies in Nuts N Bolts.

Very cool indeed.

Only thing is, it says when you put the code in that it will disable saving, so I'm not sure how N&B knows you've collected anything...?

Comment

Achievements for Banjo Tooie have gone up and one of them is this:

"Separate our heroes for the first time, or hatch a Banjo-Kazooie Stop 'N' Swop Egg with Heggy."

I did hear that they were making BT like how they wanted it to be with the connectivity between the 2 games and by the sounds of this it's the eggs in BK will be hatched by a character in BT - very cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X