[Wii] Rock Band 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Wii] Rock Band 2

I was lucky enough that Santa bought me a GH:WR band pack for Xmas and RB2 for the Wii to try out my new Drums and such.

After feeling a bit let down with GH:WT tracklist and general layout, i stuck Rock Band 2 in and wow what a different game. You would think with the Harmonix links and such the games would be quite similar, well they are to a point, but Rock Band 2 does everything better.

First of all i am glad to say that this time round the Wii version has everything PS3 and Xbox 360 owners have. Downloadable content is coming, though the store is yet to open. Online play and online modes are all in tact.

For those that do not know Rock Band employs a different unlock system, you have to play gigs to attract fans to your band. The better you play a song the more fans you get, the more stars on a song you get, the more content is unlocked. What i like is you are not forced to play through songs you do not like, you get to choose what songs you play, each gig (location) has a different set of songs, though you can choose to play a custom set of any songs from any area, or a random set which again gives you access to all unlocked songs.

The only reason i decided to get this was the fact i wanted more tracks for my GH;WT drums. Even useing the drums from GH i think they work better on Rockband 2, again this is to me a better layout of beats that make you more feel like you are playing the song rather than playling along with it.

The tracklist has a few songs that are also on GH but not enough to spoil it if you have both.

While a similar presentation style to GH i feel Rockband 2 offers crisper sounds and visuals.

This game has 100% converted me to Rockband, now that they bothered to give the Wii owners a gaming experience worthy of my money, i will be sure favouring Rock Band in the future.

However looking at the sales, it looks like Rock Bands first outing on the Wii has pushed gamers away, they have stuck to Guitar Hero WT which is a shame as i feel overall this is the better game.

Originally posted by The Mole View Post

For those that do not know Rock Band employs a different unlock system, you have to play gigs to attract fans to your band. The better you play a song the more fans you get, the more stars on a song you get, the more content is unlocked.

If you play challenge mode you will unlock ALL songs in like 10 minutes

Glad to hear Wii owners dont get gimped again. But you are 100% correct, i think they got the poops hen HMX gave them a half arsed version. But really there missing out on IMO GoTY.

Comment

seeing as this is out in pal soon (though likely not australia for a long time yet) im thinking about picking up guitar hero world tour and instuments to use with this. I wont be able to play rock band 1 but i dont think i would want to support such a poor effort anyway.

does anyone know if the rock band track packs work with wii world tour instruments? im suspecting not for the first one at least but wikipedia suggests they work fine with the acdc one, but we all know how reliable wiki is.

if so then ill be able to pick up the ac/dc pack, track pack 2, gh3, aerosmith and metallica discs just for more songs to play

Comment

I can't say for sure, but I see no reason why the WT instruments won't work as long as the track packs work with Rock Band 2.

I picked up the PS3 version last week and am loving it so far. The only word of warning with using World Tour instruments is that the "solo frets" aren't on the GH guitar and so you have to strum the solo stuff too but I'm so used to just strumming that that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Comment

Some of the tracks packs work some do not. It just depends... if it was built useing the RB2 frame it will work. All the newer ones work.

Comment

Working...
          X