Little Red Riding Hood's ZOmbie BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Red Riding Hood's ZOmbie BBQ

Got this the other day, and unsuprisingly cant find a first play for it despite it being out a while so thought I would start one.

It has the best name ever, so it obviously wasnt going to live up to that, but this is a really fun game.

I skipped the initial cut scene and havent read the manual so ive no idea who the person in blue is that you can pick, but they throw shurikens for their main weapon, if you dont like shurikens you can play as Red Riding Hood instead and she has a big gun.

Its kinda like a top down sin and punishment, but with zombies, and red riding hood. Your character moves up the screen on their own, and you have to press left and right to move left and right and use the stylus to shoot. Overall the controls work really well, though when you pick up different weapons you have to tap on an icon onscreen to change to them and it can get a bit fiddley.

I havent played that much of the game but what I have so far has been good and although the gameplay isnt exactly deep there are plenty of enemies and proticles flying about to dodge that make the game a decent enough challenge. Overall I'd recomend it to shooter fans as there arent many games like this on the DS.

Where did you manage to get this from? My brother's been having a really hard time trying to get hold of it- nowhere seems to be able to source it.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
      Where did you manage to get this from? My brother's been having a really hard time trying to get hold of it- nowhere seems to be able to source it.

I got it from here: http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Bar-B-Q...1418000&sr=8-1

But it can only be sent to the US from amazon for some reason at the moment so unless you know someone over there youre a bit buggered.
      Last edited by rmoxon; 08-01-2009, 11:41.

Comment

play asia have it on back order, so you could put a notification on there.

Comment

Great Box Art, Little Red Riding Hood is lactating into a zombie's mouth >_<

Comment

Played this some more recently and I have to say my intial impressions were not wrong, this really is a hidden gem of a game.

The humour is great

upon reaching the witch from hansel and Gretels house you see a big zombie, riding hoods ninja friend goes "is that the witch?" to which red reiding hood replies it isnt, its actualy Gretel and she seems to have eaten Hansel.

and later on it gets really challenging too.

There is also a suprising ammount of variety in the game thanks to some absolubte ingenius boss fights

Zombie Granny spits big bad wolves out of her mouth at you while a giant Pinnochio jumps about a port throwing containers and then eventualy his own head at you!

The game also starts to mix up the level structure after the first few worlds making things more intresting still

I'm finiding it slightly annoying that you have to double tap the screen for a bomb as I keep doing it by mistake and its difficult to change weapons very quickly but overall this is just a great shoot em up.
            Last edited by rmoxon; 03-03-2009, 11:10.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
              Great Box Art, Little Red Riding Hood is lactating into a zombie's mouth >_<
              Zombie like Milky Milky!

Sounds like a good game, I will look out for it.

Comment

This is actually quite good! First boss fight coming up but I've had to pause it for now!

Comment

Any screenshots of the game, wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                    Any screenshots of the game, wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like.
                    Zombie BBQ is a shooter where you have to move forward by shooting down every living (or dying) creature in your path! Use the arsenal of weapons at your disposal to do away with the savage hoards of zombies.

Couple of reviews with pics there.

The graphics arent great but they do have some fantastic little details.

Completed this now, wasnt as long as I was hoping but there seems to be plenty of different modes that youre required to unlock to play.

I unlocked a Boss Rush mode for completing the game and then a survial mode for completeing the Boss Rush though I havent tried that yet. Theres also a space for an extra difficulty which you probabaly get for completing it on hard.
                    Last edited by rmoxon; 05-03-2009, 00:55.

Comment

Bizarrely, this has been released on DSiWare in Europe for 800 points! Sounds like a must-buy at that price.

Comment

It appears to be the full game also.

Bargain

Comment

Working...
                        X