Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
    Try Ryu's standing fierce into shoryuken into focus attack dash cancel into his ultra super fireball.
    Now I can do all that... except get the timing for the FADC after doing the shoryuken. Any assistance? I just seem to randomly do it once in a blue moon when practising about.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Got the game and a Hori fighting stick 3 on the ps3 today. The game is fantastic, lovely visuals and the presentation is top notch. I find that after years of playing third strike, alpha antology and Marvel v's Capcom more recently that I'm far better with a dual shock pad than with a stick. I just couldn't get used to the button layout on the hori. Really impressed with the game thou and I can't wait to try it out online tomorrow.

Comment

I am enjoying this - but seth is doing my nuts in. I know that I am no where near a good player but this is ridiculous - even after setting the difficulty to easy its still insanley difficult.

If the game is supposed to be accessible then why is there this ridiculous obstacle to finishing the game. Right now the two times I have managed to beat Seth have been down to luck on my part.

Right now I can't see how I am going to unlock some of the characters

Online has not been that great for me - I struggle to find games and the few that I find have low pings (2 bars or less, typically) Am I doing something wrong?

PS my partner commented that the title song was camp and that she thought it was Craig David singing

Comment

hahaha craaaaaaaaaiggg daaaaaaavid!

Comment

Originally posted by winky View Post
            I am enjoying this - but seth is doing my nuts in. I know that I am no where near a good player but this is ridiculous - even after setting the difficulty to easy its still insanley difficult.

If the game is supposed to be accessible then why is there this ridiculous obstacle to finishing the game. Right now the two times I have managed to beat Seth have been down to luck on my part.
            sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep win. I honestly can't see how they can make it any easier.

random online for me is crap too.

My search prefs are Japanese and stability/better skill. I'm not being elite as I actually find most japanese players just as rude as american players, I find jp players have the less lag and best connection chances.
            Last edited by dataDave; 20-02-2009, 22:18.

Comment

I'm well looking forward to some lobbeh frolics.

Comment

I find cheesing it against Seth is the best way. Like when I beat him earlier as M Bison, who I'm not very good with, I just used his sliding sweep to knock him down and then timed a Knee Press to hit him as he was getting up. Got him down most of the way like that and then it was a matter of getting a couple of random hits in to finish it.

I tried playing fair, but he's bloody hard with Bison as he doesn't have any projectiles and so if you're stuck across the screen he can pin you back with Sonic Booms.

You definitely need luck, though, especially on higher difficulties. He has moves for every possible tactic and loads that can break guards, plus he teleports all the ****ing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Now I can do all that... except get the timing for the FADC after doing the shoryuken. Any assistance? I just seem to randomly do it once in a blue moon when practising about.
                  Same here, mate. I've been told that the key is to quickly hit mp+mk the instant the shoryuken connects and then dash cancel into ultra super fireball. Easier than done as the timing seems really strict, and it feels like you have to press so many buttons in such a short space of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                    Same here, mate. I've been told that the key is to quickly hit mp+mk the instant the shoryuken connects
                    You need to break these bastards done one segment at a time.

Spend ages just caning shoryuken > MPMK cancel until you can do it without even thinking before adding the dash.

It's pointless trying everything at once you'll just bury yourself, as I learnt at 5am last night. I actually got the the point where I was getting worse at the openers because I was trying for too long.

I wake up this morning (afternoon) and do three challenges in around 15/20mins space of each other.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 20-02-2009, 22:31.

Comment

Cool.

Even if I do manage to pull it off regularly in the training mode, I reckon I'd most probably make a hash of it in the heat of battle

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
                        Got the game and a Hori fighting stick 3 on the ps3 today. The game is fantastic, lovely visuals and the presentation is top notch. I find that after years of playing third strike, alpha antology and Marvel v's Capcom more recently that I'm far better with a dual shock pad than with a stick. I just couldn't get used to the button layout on the hori. Really impressed with the game thou and I can't wait to try it out online tomorrow.
                        To be fair m8 you would probably be better off with the pads than the cheap horis are abit of a nightmare, I honestly cant do many moves with EX2 on VF5 or this (tried it today for a laugh) TE is just words apart.

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
                        Anyone played the 360 and PS3 versions back to back? Exactly the same?

Unsure what to go for, 360 where i have a Rap EX or PS3 with the VSHG?

To elaborate on that now from what I was saying elsewhere earlier
                        That comparisons rubbish yet again lol Apart from one being blurry (360 blurry) and one not when its not moving and one having clearer sound (PS3) you will never notice any difference in motion.

Ive bee swapping for last 24hours 360 version 1st char for range to unlock 360 TE in off I go to end then pause then Ps3 version same char PS3 TE in to end, then win and start next char and pause switch back.

Loading is identical when both machines are installed. Ive actually forgotton which version I had on a couple of times lol

Nothing in it to compare apart from standard pads PS3 is better - so go with what you prefer for multi format simply.

If I had to choose one Id choose the PS3 version. I dont like the 360 softer approach. Quality Ive noticed nothing different in motion anway between shadows and lighting and same with specials but the AA reminds me of GTAIV where you either like it like that or you dont and I prefer the harsher PS3 one . Its funny as well they make a negative about the PS3 that if you install it it takes twice as long but what they dont say is if you install both versions 360 version just wastes 5gig as it doesnt make any difference to it Both installed as Ive timed em theirs zero difference thankfully

PS3 has very clear sound and its more pronounced and of course if your going down only buying the game PS3 easily has the better pad. Again that shows eurogamers biased as anyone that says you can play a fighter with analog stick pad is nuts :thumbsup:

Just find the article a fanboys wet dream at best if you bought both like me you aint going to notice simple as that. Its just not a game to give a comparison to as both systems have it nailed. Id personally like to know about the net codes on both versions if they wanted to go that anal.

Anyway get either their the same so much so I had to resort to a note pad today to tick them off as i kept forgeetting which version I was on. The nightmares of having a TE for each machine I guess
                        Yea I went on abit but its simple get the one that you have the best stuff for. Again as I said if it was me no question with the two sticks Id be buying it on the PS3 with the high grade as the standard horis are horrofic and Im glad I dont even have to use my VF5 ex2 even on shmups ever again

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                        I'm interested in VSHG but I keep on reading problems with it not recognizing input if pressed 3 buttons together.
                        Its designed for VF m8 so you learn on VF to press 3 buttons at same time for certain motions etc... so should work perfect on this. I know theirs input issues with certain older fighters but SFIV peeps have said theirs no issues with it (SRK) Its a good stick - Edit I think 1st PCB had that issue though hence the recall?
                        Last edited by Guest; 20-02-2009, 22:51.

Comment

I must admit I don't find the 360 version in anyway blurry even when being upscaled to 1080p.

I do think a stick is the way forward. If u can't afford the te, buy the se and mid it over time. That's what I plan on doing.
                          Last edited by ne0star; 20-02-2009, 23:07.

Comment

When you play it on its own its fine, Im on about when you compare both versions the AA makes it blurrier than the PS3. PS3 one is sharp and jaggy 360 is no jaggy but blurrier. Neither of em are a slouch though but I do get sick of reading the vs articles that have a massive slant to one. Fact is on playing either in motion you wont be able to tell the difference its only when its everythings stood still you can start to pick at em and why bother lol

Comment

Been playing this some of the afternoon, I was amazed how stripped back it was - feels like it's '91 down the Lee-On-Solent seafront again blazing the original machine!

I've noticed that Zangief seems ridiculously overpowered (a la The World Warrior), skipped through the game straight through on hard without losing a round, yet favourites like Ken, Ryu etc. seem to be a little clunkier than SSF2X or the Zero series. Also noticed the charge timings for Guile seem to be a bit all over the place.

I'm enjoying it so far though, feels much more visceral than recent SF incarnations too, every punch feels like it hurts
                              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Kenji View Post
                                It's the SE stick I've got. How do I go about replacing the parts? Can anyone give me a link please with a guide and info on where I purchase the parts from.

Thanks
                                Here are a few links for you mate. Someone on rllmuk asked the very same question and got this reply..

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php...=202427&st=120

For buttons Sanwa OBSF30's. For a stick, usually some form of Sanwa JLF (there are several variations all with crazy part numbers). You could also use Seimitsu parts, but sanwa are generally more popular (and seimitsu are really a matterof taste - if unsure buy Sanwa's).
                                Here's where to get the parts

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/or...ajoysticks.php

The SRK forums have a whole thread dedicated to SE modding so you might want to read this thread first...

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=175882

More useful info here as well.. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...07393&page=128

Hope that helps, good luck
                                Last edited by TommyG; 21-02-2009, 00:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X