Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    With skill Ash.....

.....but serously, rinse the focus attacks once you've got him on the floor, then when he starts to crumple from the focus attack do a dash cancel then do the combo of hard kick, dragon punch + hard kick combo on him. Rinse and repeat and you should pin him down in no time (I've heard he's cheap but those bosses should sucumb to scrub tactics even easier.)

Let me know which version you got and I'll have some online matches with you once I get mine eh?
    Dragon punch? With El Fuerte?

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
      Gah how on earth do you do the third set of challenges for each character?
      I can't seem to do the cancels at all and it's really peeing me off as I can't make any progressing. I'm trying one for Ken I(I think) and it's a hardkick and then a hadouken. Try as I might, by the time i fire off the hadouken i've run out of time (ie the previous command is no longer highlighted)
      Moves have to be completed as the prior move hits, so as the kick hits you must have done the fireball motion and pressed the button. Are you sure you have the move right? If you press back (select on the PS3) it changes the display so you can see exactly what you have to do (doesn't use move names).

I don't remember a heavy kick, fireball with Ken but I do remember a heavy kick, super.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
        Dragon punch? With El Fuerte?
        He means the dragon punch motion with heavy kick, this is his air grab which can be combo'ed from his standing heavy kick

Comment

I agree that this online is a step backwards. It has no lobby and thus no spectator mode. As far as connection goes, it surprised me somewhat. I expected a letdown because it has no GGPO and such, but its pretty much lag free (just a tad slower).

I've read on some fighter message boards that a lobby system will definitely be integrated into this game via the upcoming update. I hope this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
            He means the dragon punch motion with heavy kick, this is his air grab which can be combo'ed from his standing heavy kick
            But doesn't that only work as an anti-air? Will the heavy kick launch him?

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
              Gah how on earth do you do the third set of challenges for each character?
              I can't seem to do the cancels at all and it's really peeing me off as I can't make any progressing. I'm trying one for Ken I(I think) and it's a hardkick and then a hadouken. Try as I might, by the time i fire off the hadouken i've run out of time (ie the previous command is no longer highlighted)
              You need fast hands man! Dont mean to be patronising but you're performing the hadouken immediately after hitting hard kick right?

Does anyone know how the hell I'm supposed to combo standing medium punch into crouching medium kick? I think its the very last of the final challenge for Ken.

Comment

Happy to hear people are playing the challenge mode, to be honest I think I'm going to try and complete that for each character before doing anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
                  Theres an achievement called 'lobbyist' - Create 10 multiplayer lobbies.

So there must be some surely
                  excellent, you sure should think it would get it !

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                  I've read on some fighter message boards that a lobby system will definitely be integrated into this game via the upcoming update. I hope this is true.
                  I hope it as well, after reading all this I'm confident they won't let us down....

since I need a lot of SF practice again, and I will enjoy myself with the SP the first few days anyway, so I think I can manage to enjoy myself till the update is there.

Comment

FA cancelling isn't that hard imo, at least not on my saturn pad. I pracced Ryu's Shoryuken FA Cancel into Ultra a lot and it goes very well. Its a fun combo.

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
                    You need fast hands man! Dont mean to be patronising but you're performing the hadouken immediately after hitting hard kick right?

Does anyone know how the hell I'm supposed to combo standing medium punch into crouching medium kick? I think its the very last of the final challenge for Ken.
                    Those last Normal challenges are not hard. You just need to find the moment you have to press the following attack. Mostly its press at the moment the 1st attack hits. So first mp, then right at the moment of impact d+mk. Don't button bash.

Wait till you try the hard challenges after level 1
                    Last edited by saturn-gamer; 16-02-2009, 15:31.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                      FA cancelling isn't that hard imo, at least not on my saturn pad. I pracced Ryu's Shoryuken FA Cancel into Ultra a lot and it goes very well. Its a fun combo.

Those last Normal challenges are not hard. You just need to find the moment you have to press the following attack. Mostly its press at the moment the 1st attack hits. So first mp, then right at the moment of impact d+mk. Don't button bash.

Wait till you try the hard challenges after level 1
                      Ah ok, will give it a bash tonight! Was quite surprised something so "simple" would be the last challenge. Earlier I had to do Jumping Hard Kick, standing Medium Punch, standing Hard Punch, Dragon Punch into Super. My hands ached but I learnt a new combo!

Not looking forward to the Hard challenges, having had a bit of a read up, some of the combos you're tasked with sound SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
                        But doesn't that only work as an anti-air? Will the heavy kick launch him?
                        Yep!
                        You have to be right next to him tho

Comment

Can you disable the announcer who says like "and the fight has finally begun" etc and all that annoying crap

Comment

Hopefully.

Comment

Earlier I had to do Jumping Hard Kick, standing Medium Punch, standing Hard Punch, Dragon Punch into Super. My hands ached but I learnt a new combo!
                              That's a very bread-and-butter combo for Ken, by the way =P So expect to see that a lot when playing other Kens XD Glad Ken's M.Punch-->H.Punch xx SRK combo is still there. It was always a fun, and cool-looking, combo to pull off =)

Comment

These are called link moves, they don't combo like his standing mid punch to standing heavy, it takes strict timing of button presses to get it.

The best advice I can give for these types of moves is to watch the reaction of Dan. As long as he is still recoiling from the hit you have time to get the next one and for these moves it will be very close to the return to his normal standing animation (if that makes sense)

So for a light hit he only recoils slightly so the next hit has to be swift, for a heavy attack he recoils for quite a while so you have time before you next button press.

These are just his normal challenges, you should see his hard ones!!
                                I'm currently stuck on Jumping heavy kick, crouching light punch,(link to), crouching heavy punch, heavy dragon punch, EX cancel, mid dragon punch, ultra!

>_<
                                Last edited by Goemon; 16-02-2009, 18:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X