No announcement yet.

Tom Clancy's HAWX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps I'm enough of an old hand at AC now I'm in a different class - the last mission was a spike, but not that big a spike. I lost a couple of times, but basically settled into a rhythm of staying under the AWACS once I'd been overwhelmed and spamming missiles at anything that came close. I won't lie, when I finally won his health was down to a sliver, but it didn't feel as hard as some of the trench runs on various AC games. The final shot, again, was tricky but somehow the fact I did it with literally less than a second to spare felt rather too scripted - I nearly blew it by firing too early but had just enough time to reload and get off another round. I certainly never had to level up and I only ever took the recommended plane, unless the game was forcing me into one of the stealth fighters or something.

Fun, overall, but largely forgettable. So-so visuals, terrible sound, bland campaign, never that much of a challenge, no really memorable set-pieces - they were all too constrained by the tiny levels and/or the lack of difficulty. I did enjoy it, and I might try some co-op, maybe some higher difficulty settings, but I'm no hurry to go back. It's a good effort, and I applaud the developers trying to push this particular sub-genre, but as far as gameplay goes (not to mention sheer emotional impact and general cinematic thrills) AC6 comfortably blows this one away.

Comment

Anyone having trouble with this crashing? It seems the only way I can get into the game is to sign out in the dashboard then sign back in at the start screen otherwise it just locks up. Not a good start to the game and so far I'm having trouble getting into the game, it feels like a cheap copy of Ace Combat but doesn't bring anything more into it. It seems strange to have a 'Tom Clancy' game which takes an arcadey plane game and makes it even more arcadey.

I'm hoping it gets better although I am struggling to play it as I'm not finding it much cop.

John

Comment

This just arrived through the post from play(£9.99).

I have the PS3 version and its taking ages to install, is this normal?

Comment

Working...
        X