No announcement yet.

Noby Noby Boy (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i started playing around with this again over the week , i really like , i mean all you do is walk eat and poo and thats it no shooting no running no thinking great before you go to sleep

o btw i go the 765m trophy last night i've been trying for a longtime to get that and it just happened yeah me

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
      I hate to break it to you but you didn't make it to Mars - everyone else did, before you even started playing :P . There is only one GIRL, her length is the accumulation of all the stretching done by every person who has ever played Noby Noby Boy. We reached Mars several months ago. Everything since (including your efforts) will have been part of the journey to Jupiter.

It possibly helps to keep you playing if you are not aware of these facts. Most of us gave it up as a lost cause ages ago, particularly after they added the random lottery aspect of reporting your length (you would occasionally get a massive multiplier). It would have been better if they had kept it as a bonus week (like the last few posts on this thread were discussing) where for a limited time ALL your reports were multiplied. But they didn't, they made it random, and that removed all sense of competition. All the hardcore stretchers gave it up as they felt their efforts were wasted if they didn't get the bonus. That basically killed any chance we ever had of reaching the whole solar system.
      Cheers for the info I wonder if Girl will ever get anywhere else. I hope so, seems like a good way to build community. Gutted it`s not down to just me. But hey I can cheer on everyone else .

Comment

Did the iPhone version ever get released?

Comment

I've just been reading this
          from Kotaku

Hooray! Noby Noby Girl, apparently abetted by another Lucky Week adding a multiplier to reported scores, has managed to encircle Jupiter, and deliver new worlds for Noby Noby Boy (and you) to explore.
          The video below shows Boy discovering the Bespin-y qualities of this new environment, unlocked thanks to the collective efforts of Noby Noby players reporting their scores back to Namco. Crushing atmospheric pressure and poisonous clouds of ammonia seem not to be much of a problem here.
          For those keeping score, Girl reached the Moon on Feb. 23, four days after the game's release. Mars was next on May 23, and now Jupiter on Nov. 20. At this rate, I'd say ETA to Saturn is late 2010

Comment

Wow, they made it to Jupiter! Even with a bonus week that's a hell of an effort considering the last time I checked there were only 500 people helping per day.

I'll have to check it out.

Comment

Went for a stretch (*chortle*) on Jupiter last night. Lots of weird plant-life things and plenty of new scenery to get tangled in. Each planet seems to have a king and queen, and it's safe to say Jupiter's are the oddest design yet.

I still love the idea of collectively unlocking new planets. Though at this rate, it'll take a bit.

Comment

i will have to go and have a look not got round to looking since i saw the news

Comment

Late last month we noted that Noby Noby Boy was continuing its curious progress, with players helping 'GIRL' all the wa…

6 years later, the games players have collectively completed the game and brought Girl home.

Comment

Excellent, one of the best things on PS3. Even had the iPad version!

Comment

I almsot had a tear in my eye reading that letter, absolutely beautiful and brilliantly bonkers, there's no there game like it.

Comment

This is why i love games. A game about a sausage boy that has to eat poop his way to the outer reaches of the solar system in order to rescue his sausage girlfriend. That's also online community cooperative based.

Brilliant stuff

Comment

I have not played this in five years, but I booted it up to see the end and ended up playing for about an hour, it really is a fantastic concept. Even understood some references I didn't know back then, like eating a shishimai (traditional oriental lion with a huge mouth that eats everybodies bad fortune).

Very surprisingly I am still 237th in the list of contributors to Girl's length, even though I never contributed after the Jupiter to Saturn journey started.

I hate to be cynical after reading that touching letter from Fairy, but it seems like they short-cut a few planets. They only reached Pluto a couple of months before I heard this news, or so I thought, but we started from Earth, so after Pluto to the Sun, there should have been Sun to Mercury, Mercury to Venus(Neptune?) and then on back to Earth. There are no leaderboard entries for any of those journeys, not to mention it seemed to happen way too fast. I would love to be proven wrong, but I suspect they figured with the PS3 on its way out, something had to be done.
                          Last edited by Darwock; 19-12-2015, 01:34.

Comment

Working...
                          X