Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dingoo A320 review - Contains big pics (sorry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does the overclocking help duke nukem and doom as this is very slow on my dingoo im loving mine though black 1 is hard to keep clean and the screen gets finger mark easy but i guess if thats the only problem it ok and yes ganbo mic is in funny position

Comment

Originally posted by gaanbo View Post
      I have thought about it but I'm still a bit iffy about trying it out to be honest, depends if I'm really that desperate to play Sonic! If it can be enabled / disabled at will and delivers a lot of benefits to the MD emulator as you say there's nothing wrong with trying it out. Hope it's easy to install?
      After reading a bit more about the Overclock app I decided to try it out and it's really improved the MD and SNES emulators for me. F-Zero is working brilliantly now! MD still has a few issues but the games play better as well (though Zero Tolerance is still not very playable IMO). Haven't really tried the Neo Geo or CPS1/2 emus though.

Comment

the neo geo and CPS1/2 are working fine for me, wheres the best info about over clocking gaanbo?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
          the neo geo and CPS1/2 are working fine for me, wheres the best info about over clocking gaanbo?

The overclock may or may not work easily for you, you are probably better off getting the custom firmware that keeps it permanantly overclocked at 385mhz

link is here for the overclock, should have that fw too

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
            Same as the link above posted by evilthecat. Firstly unpack the folder and put all the five .app files (all which are named as different numbers) in the GAME/3D folder.

For me I did this trick below to get the MD and SNES games working better. Thanks to nardich on the A320 forums. Hope it's okay to quote this. As with the custom firmwares overclocking/underclocking should be used at own risk however I haven't encountered any problems so far.

Get in 3D menu
            Select the overclock application (e.g. 430.app), push A, release A
            Push again A (very quickly) and keep it pressed.
            Then push B (or left) several time until you get back to the principal menu
            Then you have to get in "interesting games", and that's the most tricky moment:
            Release A and (as fast as you can) repush it to get in "interesting games". Keep A pressed.
            Navigate in the menus using left and right on the d-pad, always keeping A pressed.
            Select you game/emulator with right on the d-pad, and when finaly on the game, release A.

If you want to be sure you're doing it the right way, try with the 200mhz underclock, so you'll see menu being VERY slow
            Apparently though people have got the overclock to work in different ways other than through the technique above so it might or might not work, depending on the Dingoo you own for some reason (My white A320 is the apparently newer black packaged version if that helps). To tell if it works at all like above if you try the 200mhz underclock you will notice straightaway the slower menus, likewise trying 430mhz will increase the menu speed.

Also atm I have to do this everytime I want to play a particular game at an overclocked speed so that may be annoying for some.

Comment

Have there been noticeable improvements on the emulators available for the Dingoo? Any tangible updates? I'd like to pick one up, but I'd feel better knowing that there's some movement on the homebrew front.

Comment

Linux is now running on the Dingoo so it's only a matter of time before better emulators appear, TBH.

Comment

Hope that will result in a rush of emulators!

Comment

I finally got around to loading up Dingux last night and the improvement is incredible.

Mega Drive emulation - which is my main concern - is brilliant under the recently ported PicoDrive. It's not quite as fast as the version seen on the Wiz, but this is the first release and it's likely to improve. SNES emulation is good too.

Considering how easy it is to install Dingux I'd recommend it to anyone. You can still use the original firmware if you wish, and installing it fixes the screen-tear problem that is present with the pre-installed Mega Drive emulator.

Comment

Wonder how long before the Chinese manufacturers start using the ARM cortex-A9 SoaCs to make these kinds of units. The pandora uses it but that could end up being too big and clunky.

Comment

Anyone tried super metroid or demons crest on the Dingoo? I'm tempted to get one for playing them...

Comment

SNES emulation isn't perfect, but then the Dingux-based SNES emulator is still an early port.

TBH though, I think machines like the Dingoo and Wiz just aren't powerful enough to play SNES games 100% perfectly. SNES on the Wiz is smooth so long as you turn off transparencies, and Mode 7 games are quite slow. If you want perfect SNES emulation then I think the Pandora is the only option.

abigsmurf - The Pandora is going to be around the size of a DS Lite. I'd hardly call that too clunky.

Comment

The DS lite has excellent build quality and is almost certainly much lighter though.

Comment

Who is to say that the build quality of the Pandora won't be excellent too? And I happen to think that the DS Lite is actually quite heavy, esp when compared to machines like the Wiz and Dingoo.

My point is that you can't deem the DS Lite to be portable and then accuse the Pandora of being clunky. The two are going to be pratically indentical in terms of form factor.

Anyway, back on topic - really loving Dingux now. The Dingoo is soooo much nicer to use than the Wiz. The D-pad is much, much better. Hopefully they can improve PicoDrive a little cos the emulation isn't as good as on the Wiz yet.

Comment

Spectrum emulator just released by the same guy who did the mega drive one.

Comment

Working...
                                X