Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dingoo A320 review - Contains big pics (sorry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's only one way to find out which is best out of the the Dingoo A320 and the GP2X Wiz...FIGHT!

Comment

anyone recommend a 4gb or 8gb sd card that works on this? bought a 8gb kingston microsd with adaptor and it won't boot dingux.

Comment

Looks like there is a successor on the way with a faster processor:
        jackpasser brings news of a Dingoo 330, with viable looking pictures: New more powerful A330 by jackpasser ...

Hopefully that new processor should help the SNES and MD emulation issues.

Comment

TBH SNES and MD emulation is pretty good right now, with Dingux. I think releasing a successor at this stage is a mistake - the Dingoo hasn't been given a chance to really show what it can do.

Comment

Originally posted by davek22 View Post
            Looks like there is a successor on the way with a faster processor:
            jackpasser brings news of a Dingoo 330, with viable looking pictures: New more powerful A330 by jackpasser ...

Hopefully that new processor should help the SNES and MD emulation issues.
            I've looked up the CPU it uses and it'll do more than that. You'll be looking at N64 emulation easy.

China chip CC1600

4 core 1.6ghz ARM

Not 4 cores in a intel/AMD sense though. RISC core, DSP, core, video encoding core, 2d/3d graphics core.

This thing will be a beast. Only downer is that it's totally incompatible with the previous (which used MIPS)

Comment

Woah didn't realize it was so powerfull. Saw a thread on mp4 site saying the new model due out next month. For 50 odd quid it's looking like a good buy. The money I was going to use on psp go will get the machine and a load of memory for it. Looks like the new one uses full size sd which is big improvement

Comment

All I can say is I'm glad I found this wonderful device.. basically you are in retro gaming heaven. Great screen, great controls, looks nice, TV-out.. and it's friggin' cheap. I'd have to say that the built in emulators for NeoGeo and CPS1/CPS2 are surprisingly good (especially with the overclock program), as is the one for GBA and NES. Installing Dingux is recommended though (and it's easy). Last couple of weeks we have got early versions of PC-Engine, VICE, FBA and a lot more. Looking forward to the MAME4All update.

Comment

Whats the d-pad like for fighters? and will this take a 32gb card?

Comment

Ashens does a better review hehe

Comment

Anyone using a Dingoo with a Mac? Having issues with it dropping the USB connection and locking the finder as it unmounts.

Yes, it appears there are issues... http://www.dingoo-digital.com/forums...ing-a320-a-mac
                      Last edited by muddy; 17-10-2009, 15:28.

Comment

Is the Dingoo the best handheld to get if you want to do some handheld retro gaming or is there something new and better on the way?

Comment

It's not the most powerful handheld out there - the Wiz is more powerful, as is the upcoming Pandora - but both are way more expensive. For its price, the Dingoo is fantastic.

Comment

Excuse the thread resurrection but where is the best place to pick one of these up?

Comment

Hi!

I'm considering getting something like this too, but I'm getting a little lost between the various versions!

Does anybody know the difference between them?
                              Which has the best features, and which is the best supported?
                              I think the Dingoo A330 has the best combination of support and features, but that fake PSP look is rrrrubbish!

Should I go for the:

Dingoo A320

Dingoo A330

Gemei A330

Dingoo A380

Comment

Working...
                              X