No announcement yet.

Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two in a row! Just the pure to go! Woot!

Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Lol. I've been up for over 18 hours with no pure as yet. I must have killed the skelly over 500 times now. Isn't it supposed to be 1 in every 200 deaths?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Someone's telling porkies... you show up on my friends list you know

Comment

Not continuously, but in total since I started farming. I play offline though so how could you see me? I did leave my PS3 on all night by accident last night though.

It takes me about 5 minutes a time, so surely I should have it by now? The only thing I can think of is that sometimes before I can pick up the drop I get killed by a random flying manta. I'm thinking that it's dropped but I got killed before I collected it
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Funnily enough - after a complete fubar of an attempt, I screwed up the timing and the skeleton nearly KO'd me - I was thinking how funny it would be if that was the one that dropped the pure, and it was!

I always let the skeleton chase me back a little way before I kill it just in case I make a mistake outside before retrieving the drop or touching my bloodstain. It can easily happen, one time I booted the corpse on my way to it and it went flying off the cliff like a football.

Comment

Curses! I bet that's what's happened. I'll sit here all f'ing week until I get it. I'm at Soul Level 191 now.
              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 27-07-2010, 12:26.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

How can I acquire Talisman Of Beasts? Is it easy-ish?

Comment

What's the best way to get a pure black world tendency? Apparently I need it in order to obtain the Talisman of Beasts. I've tried killing myself whilst in Body form, but after 10 attempts, there has been no change.

Comment

You have to go back to the nexus to make WT change.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                      How can I acquire Talisman Of Beasts? Is it easy-ish?
                      You must get black world tendancy in the mines. Then find scivier (can't spell it) the wanderer who is located half way down the mine shaft you gradually fall down to get to the flame lurker.

I did not hit him once. I lured him to the edge of the platform, rolled behind him then nudged him of the edge!! hahaha. Fist to fist I would have died because I was not strong enough as he has powerful magic.

Comment

I'm starting to think there is no such thing as a Pure Bladestone. I've been at it all day and still nowt.
                        My mate came round to see if I wanted to go down t'boozer. He watched me do three runs and wondered how I hadn't gone insane when I told him I'd been doing exactly the same thing for two days straight.
                        I really wanna give up, but I just keep thinking next time.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                          I did not hit him once. I lured him to the edge of the platform, rolled behind him then nudged him of the edge!! hahaha. Fist to fist I would have died because I was not strong enough as he has powerful magic.
                          He runs out of MP. Spend a couple of minutes sidestepping first and he won't be able to use fireball, or more importantly - regen. Then you can just play it safe and attack him when he's in recovery.

It's not wise to push him off the cliff as you lose the white boost to character tendency for landing the killing blow.

Comment

You can also shoot him with arrows from the other side of the chasm.

Comment

First attempt this morning...

Normal life can resume.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Joe - well done

Normal life can indeed reusme, as long as there are on other stones to grind for....

I actulaly hated trying to get chunks of marrowstone from them mossies on 5-2 a lot more than the purestone which at least brought some hefty levelling up with it.

It seems this aspect of DS is something akin to the chasing of Topps cards/Pannini Stickers I used to do in my Star Wars infatuated youth.

There was one particular ROTJ sticker that I did not have and rather than order from the back of the album, oh no, I just kept on buying packtes in the vain hope it would be in there.......

Oh, the eternal optimism, quickly followed by the reality of disappointment.

Chuffed for you mate, though not sure if I would pass up on a trip to the boozer for this game, and I REALLY do like this game!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X