Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    Do I stay on that or try elsewhere?
    I'd recommend moving onto Stonefang Tunnel (world 2-1). Either that or staying put put for a bit, doing a bit of grinding/levelling before attemting the

Tower Knight

again.

Comment

I shall try that but I always end up running away from the dogs

Comment

Running away is the smart thing to do, as long as you make some attempt to hit them back of course!

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
          Pure Cloudstone.
          That's also a pain in the rear but you are given 20 odd mantas as soon as you load the level as opposed to having to earn PBWT then each time having to make a 2 minute run to get to 1 git of an enemy that often throws itself off the cliff taking all loot with it

Comment

You don't have to go after the black phantom skeleton you know, every time I have gotten the drop it has been from the regular skeleton at the start of the level.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              That's also a pain in the rear but you are given 20 odd mantas as soon as you load the level as opposed to having to earn PBWT then each time having to make a 2 minute run to get to 1 git of an enemy that often throws itself off the cliff taking all loot with it
              Five runs, hours spent in 4-3 trying to get one in PB, large sword of searching, luck from 10 to 30 and nothing. Only shards and maybe chunks. Maybe I'm just massive unlucky and this went straight into the character despite the stats. On the other hands Bladestones were fairly easy to get.

Comment

hmm better lay off this game for a few days, getting some nice image retention of the HUD hehe

Comment

I had a good explore on 2-1 last night The dogs didn't provide too much trouble and most of the scary brown alien grey things got stabbed in the back.

Comment

I really love the multiplayer social aspect of this game, ive made more PSN friends in the past week than i ever had before.
                    Often ill just die so i can be a blue phantom and help people out, must of ran a ton of flamelurkers as a blue phantom on ng+, and old king allant is great fun and nice soul gain too.

Its great when youre going thro a level as someones blue and lots of black phantoms stone in too

Comment

I'm also making loads of PSN friends. Mostly from guys taking pity on me after another comical performance as world's most ineffectual Black Phantom. Lol.

Comment

Just picked this up from cex with a warning that i will be back in the shop tomorrow to trade it back in....is it really that difficult? Im scared to start playing now lol

Comment

It's difficult when you don't know what to do. The game doesn't help you in the slightest when it comes to which world to tackle next and it tells you diddly squat about the Tendency system AND the controls/camera combined with the asshole designed levels will get you killed just as much as the enemies will. But if you can stick it out a little and get to grips with it then it's great

Probably going to finish this tonight, only have 2 more spells from Old Monk and Astraea's souls for the platinum woo! NG+ goes faster than I thought.

Comment

I'm actually still struggling on NG+. Can't clear 5-1. Leechmonger was incredibly easy on my first playthrough (in fact he was a part of the Fool's Idol/Adjudicator/Leechmonger group that I managed to kill on a single life). This seems to have given me a massive disadvantage in that I don't have any idea what his attacks are, what cues to look for etc.

Really tedious level to have to repeat ad nauseum too. I mcuh prefer those that allow you to open a shortcut to the boss at a certain point.

Comment

It used to give me a lot of trouble too until I discovered how effective Firestorm is against it.

Without that though, you can stand at ground level under the wooden plank nearest the archstone which will protect you from the worst damage when he fires leechballs at you. You can watch him from there for a bit to figure out the safe times to rush in and rush out again - just be sure to carry a lot of grasses and/or equip HP regen equipment, because you will probably get covered in leeches whatever you do. If you've still got that broadsword +10 stick some black turpentine on it, then hold it in both hands (shield won't help you here) and it should be very effective too.

btw if you try and use ranged attacks, it can't attack back and regenerate at the same time - so you might want to get close enough for it to attack. Otherwise it will just regenerate constantly.

Couldn't hurt to call up some blue phantoms either, if you are at an impasse.
                              Last edited by Darwock; 13-09-2010, 14:28.

Comment

I think this and Fool’s Idol has made me realise how different the bosses can be in NG+. In the normal game, for the majority of bosses you can afford to take a few hits and still able to recover.

Here, the boss landing a single blow can either kill you outright or leave you with little chance to recover if it doesn’t

In fact, the one Leechmonger attempt that I thought I was going to win, everything was going to plan until I took a single hit, leaving me with less than 50% HP and knocked down. Before I could even respond I got hit again. Frustrated me as I thought I’d got the pattern down then his attacks seemed to turn into random flailings.

I have started to get confident in using 2 handed mode and losing my shield safety net. As you say, there are certain monsters where having a shield offers no benefit. The large trolls in world 5 are a good example.

Was also happy that I managed to kill Vanguard in 4-1 without resorting to the “cheap” crossbow spam I used in the first cycle. Was surprisingly easy. Yes he hits hard but is so slow and again, 2 handed stance ups the damage when you do attack.

Not had the nerve to check yet but I fear Ostrava may have died on one of my recent returns to 1-1. He disappeared from the Nexus but I can't rememebr if he appeared in this NG+ yet or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X