No announcement yet.

Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started playing DS for the first time after buggering the hull out of Dark Souls.
    Knocked out four or five of the early bosses so far. Started as a Barbarian.

So far it's been more of the same but all of the bosses have been painfully easy. It's nice seeing the bits that influenced various area's/mobs in Dark souls in their primary form (notwithstanding King's Field. That's next.).

Not having Estus is the only 'issue' (apart from the DS3) with going back but it wasn't long before I was magicked up and healing/burninating across the lands. Pyro is going to be freaking amazing in this. Effectively endless if you can regen your MP.

Mind Flayer's can go **** themselves.

Comment

Spells and miracles aren't limited by attunement slots but by how much mana you have, as there are no bonfires.
      Surely after the

Iron Golem

in DS, the

Tower Knight

in D'sS is extremely easy. Probably the hardest boss in D'sS is the

Firelurker

because

it's always mobile and gets faster and more dangerous as you damage it

. But it goes down pretty quick with

a magic weapon

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        Spells and miracles aren't limited by attunement slots but by how much mana you have, as there are no bonfires.
        Surely after the

Iron Golem

in DS, the

Tower Knight

in D'sS is extremely easy. Probably the hardest boss in D'sS is the

Firelurker

because

it's always mobile and gets faster and more dangerous as you damage it

. But it goes down pretty quick with

a magic weapon

The

Tower Knight

was hilarious but the toughest so far. At least he offered a little threat.

Run up to him and rub your testicles on his feet and he falls down.

Comment

Giving this another go again after falling in love with Dark Souls. Just hit my first brick wall really. done all the -2 stages except 4-2. Currently having problems taking out the Old Hero. I'm a warrior/melee character equipped with the Fluted Armour.

Any suggestions where i can find better armour?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
            No need for armour. Get a good bow, a good number of arrows (preferably heavy or white), and the Thief's Ring. As the Old Hero appears, start throwing arrows at him and don't move unless he stands near your. In fact, you can also lure an arrow to lure him away: the Old Hero relies on sounds to move around.

Comment

Thanks mate. Just wondering if I can get some new armour. Tired of looking at my character in the fluted. Lol

Comment

I personally like the Gloom set wore by Yurt, absolutely excellent in the swamp.
                The Dark Silver set is also good visually, though it's better mixed with other armour pieces.
                Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 18-02-2012, 15:23.

Comment

Giving this another go again after falling in love with Dark Souls. Just hit my first brick wall really. done all the -2 stages except 4-2. Currently having problems taking out the Old Hero. I'm a warrior/melee character equipped with the Fluted Armour.

The old hero is incredibly easy if you have the theifs ring. He can't see you and can only hear you when you're bang next to him if you wear it, so all you have to do is wait until he attacks a wall and run up to him, deal some damage then run off. Then just keep repeating the process. Chances are he won't hit you once.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Just reading about Yurt now, knew i should have killed him after releasing him. Hopefully he hasn't dispatched anyone in the nexus just yet.

Comment

He should start killing people after beating the Maneaters, but I can't really recall now.

Comment

he did kill a couple of unknowns. killed him before anything else happened. Finally beat old hero, he was a piece of piss. Most of my own frustration came out of getting to him, killing those flying things everytime was annoying. but once i put on the theifs ring, they took no notice of me. doh.

Just wondering if you guys can tell me where i can spend these demon souls and which stage should i go to next for my first -3.

I'm also quite suprised how popular this game still is online, i'm playing the us version btw. I don't know if each territory has a unique server. Dark Souls on the 360 was dead (pardon the pun).

Comment

Just wondering if you guys can tell me where i can spend these demon souls and which stage should i go to next for my first -3.
                          You're a knight, are you not? Then weapons:

the Armor Spider transforms in to a bow good enough for the first two playthroughs if your charecter isn't focused on DEX; Adjudicator gives birth to the Meat Cleaver, excellent with high stats; Maiden Astrea's souls can be used for the Blueblood Sword (scales with Luck and other stats, can be enchanted and has a slightly longer range than normal straight swords); the Storm King can be fused to a sword for the Morion Blade (useless alone but boosts attack when below 30% and stacks with the Clever Rat's Ring); the soul of Phalanx and the Maneaters can only be used for one weapon each; the Old Hero can be changed into a sword boosting item drop rates.

I don't know if each territory has a unique server.
                          Yes, D'sS is region-locked, online-wise.

Comment

Briareos do you know who i need to go to to smith them and do i need to do anything specific to get the person to do it. I'm guessing its the blacksmith on 2-1.

Comment

Briareos do you know who i need to go to to smith them and do i need to do anything specific to get the person to do it. I'm guessing its the blacksmith on 2-1.
                              You need to take the Flamelurker soul to him. You might have to talk to him several times before he takes it though, he is somtimes a bit of an awkward git about it.

Comment

How long does it usually take for crystal lizards to respawn guys? Just after one chunk of hardstone. >_<

Comment

Working...
                                X