No announcement yet.

Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The word 'hardcore' has been off-putting, but everything else sounds truly brilliant about this game so I've just ordered the US ver.

Hope I'm up to the challenege

Comment

Got this yesterday and I'm liking it so far.

Apart from a warm fuzzy feeling that you might be helping someone, is there any other reason to leave the messages? Do you get rewarded if people recommend them, etc?

Comment

I believe you will get some health back if your message is rated. Hence the 'This is harsh, evaluate me' message

Comment

Awesome, cheers

Comment

You mean they retranslated everything but left that message the same? lol that's probably the worst offender in the whole game

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
              You mean they retranslated everything but left that message the same? lol that's probably the worst offender in the whole game
              I know forums had been desperate for that phrase to remain unchanged from the Asian version, and Atlus have been keen to listen on this one.

Got mine today, but it's been packed up as a birthday present.

Comment

Wow, new found respect for Atlus. A publisher with a brain!

Comment

Damn this games got 90% on gamerankings.com , and everyone here is raving about it, i take it it really is that good? Ill have to check it outttt

(Ive checked a few reviews and the online mode and ghosts of others etc looks pretty freaking good)
                  Last edited by Largo; 11-10-2009, 17:29.

Comment

We've been telling you all for ages how awesome this is. Only Uncharted 2 can unseat this from my GOTY.

Comment

Only played an hour or so but already I love this game so much. It simply gets so many things right. And thankfully, for a game which forces you to play through the same areas over and over, the combat is so satisfying it doesn't matter.

What does ring very true with all I've read so far is it punishes carelessness (and over-confidence). In the training level I got smoked within 2 seconds of meeting the boss (can you return to the training level?) and on the first proper level I tried I kept getting beat down by a fairly tough knight on a battlement, my last attemt I forgot to pick up my souls before I died too ... doh!

But it's such good fun it doesn't matter. And all I'm thinking about is my next sesh.

Brilliant so far ... more than living up to the hype

Comment

Good to hear continuous praise for this, mine should arrive in the next few days and every time I see a vid it looks awful so I've been getting it on the back of the universal praise it's been recieving... fingers still crossed

Comment

The gaf thread is driving me towards buying this, but at £40 import before shipping I think I'll wait for the price to drop or for a UK release.

Ah god I want this!

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                            Good to hear continuous praise for this, mine should arrive in the next few days and every time I see a vid it looks awful so I've been getting it on the back of the universal praise it's been recieving... fingers still crossed
                            I suppose that would depend on why you think it looks awful. if it's cos you don't like dungeons and dragons and big monsters and a bleak atmosphere, then it probably wasn't the wisest purchase.

Comment

I think I understand where he's coming from in regards to the visuals - there's always been something about From software and their visuals, something about them feels last gen and I can't put my finger on it.

Comment

Got this on the way from VG+ you all owe me 45 quid if its crap

Comment

Working...
                                X