Henry Hatsworth In the Puzzling Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henry Hatsworth In the Puzzling Adventure

This arrived for me this morning from Gameplay.com. Absolutly wonderful game, i can't stop myself playing it. You would never think that a puzzle game clone of bejewelled and a 2d platformer would work so brilliantly together.

Right bare with me:
    Basically the puzzle element whatever object you kill in the platforming part will add the enemies to the puzzle part. Basically you have to get rid of these enemies in the puzzle part, because if you don't they will reappear in the platforming game as falling blocks trying to kill you. But it isn't only just for that, but you can use the puzzle part to create new platforms, get extra energy and if you max out your energy you can turn into a giant invincible robot for a limited period of time. Its really addictive, i lost time just playing the puzzle element.

I hope i managed to explain that good. Its a really complicated game to explain.

Now in the platforming part, the animation and style is absolutly beautiful. In fact it even has a combo system on enemies. You can even knock up enemies in the air to do little chains too. The music is also lovely too.

Its so full of whimsy and charm, Harry makes me chuckle everytime he speaks. Its like Animal Crossing speak in Old ye english guffs. Such a lovely game.

Do yourself a favour if you haven't already. Buy and support the game. 14.99 on Gameplay.com its a bloody steal.

Will definetly post more impressions later!

Good to hear you're enjoying it mate. Can't wait for mine to arrive. I expect you probably know, but you can download the soundtrack for free from the official site.

Comment

I never knew they released the soundtrack for free. I'm downloading it now. ^_^
      I had to stop playing for now, my ds needs to charge. But will get back to it soon enough!

Comment

Just had a go on this. It is far from perfect though does have some charm and style in the presentation. I think given some serious playtime this could grow on me.

My main gripe is i do not think the platform and the puzzle interlink very well at all. They are both ok in their own right, the puzzling is good, as it is basicly just Puzzle League, but the platforming sections so far are a bit bland.

The boss battle i have so far encountered was a bit bland also, jump and hit remembering to duck when he comes for you. But i think the game is just easing you in very slowly, its clearly aimed at the new DS gamers who may not have played a platform game before.

However the game does do a lot of things right, the presentation and story are good as are the sound clips.

I think with this being such a strong week for portable gaming it has maybe clouded my judgement on this, as Phantasy Star Portable, GTA: Chinatown Wars, and Pokemon Platinum are all taking up time and are all fantastic.
        Last edited by The Mole; 19-03-2009, 00:14.

Comment

Really enjoying this but I'm hoping that the levels become a bit harder. I can see why they're easy because this game really isn't for just for core gamers, it's for everyone.

It looks and feels like Braid to me, a platformer with twist with some very nice art and music. The only difference is that I enjoy this twist

14.99, bargain.

Comment

Really enjoying this.

I completely forget about the puzzle screen sometimes, only to see a red warning block start to pop up on the top screen and then having to frantically flip to sort it out.

Comment

Had a little raz on this when it came this morn'.

Enjoying it I am. I personally think the two games gel together really nicely, and the humour and visuals are win.

It oddly reminds me of the story mode in Smash Bros Brawl, which is a good thing in my book.

Comment

Definitely gets harder - just bear the boss before Puzzle World and was close to biting my DS in half with frustration.

Comment

can't see why the love in general for this, feels like an average 10y old platform games wedged onto an average 5y old puzzle game, its like one of those mythical creatures Heston Blumenthal was making last week.

Comment

Yeah. Must admit that after the initial charm of the visuals and humour wore off, it hit me that it's a fairly bog standard game. Well made for sure, but I think it's a little bland for me to ever finish it.

Shame, as I really do love Henry as a character.

Comment

I'm enjoying it just for some platforming action really - not been anything worthy platform related since NSMB .. not that I can think of anyway.

Comment

As suspected i got into this after the first world. it picks up a lot once you start having a challenge and more abilities.

Its fab

Comment

Given up now .. World 4 just becomes insanely difficult and no fun anymore Lost about 18 lives just then and turned it off in the end. No idea where this sudden difficulty spike came from.

Comment

i don't think this game helps itself by making the levels so long either its very stylish and fun in short bursts, but some of the levels can take around 15 mins to get through, which is just far to long for a hand held game.

Comment

Thats weird i only got into it when the challenge increased and the levels got longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X