Stoked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
    I can't remember which trick it was but when I go into the guide most of them are just question marks rather than the actual tricks. I'll have to see if I can find a trick list somewhere so I can open up the guide a little more.
    It won't ask you to do a trick that isn't in the guide or something really simple that isn't in the guide (nose bone / tailbone / shifty). There might be some confusion between grabs and grinds - for example you might think it's asking you to grab, but it's really the name of a grind (so again not in the guide).

Comment

@Dezmond: Definitely an error - the time without bail challenges are 2 minutes.

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
      How does Stoked compare in both feel and style to the best snowboarding game ever - 1080 Snowboarding on the N64? I really like snowboarding games and was all set on getting this until GameTM gave it a 4 and sowed the seeds of doubt.
      1080 is my fave snowboarding game ever and possibly my most played game. In riding style, it's very similar - so decent carving and powder ride, but with all the enhancements of current gen hardware. In terms of style, it's nothing like it - 1080 was mostly about time trial (imo) and the tricks were fairly tacked on (press buttons in correct order whilst twirling the stick), whereas Stoked has almost no racing (except online) and is ALL about the tricks and being skilled (but in a natural environment - no snow parks). Better snow and control than Amped.

The best way of summarising it is a simulation of a snowboarding video, so crazy (but real world) air-time and trying not to land on your head.

Looking on metacritic, almost all the reviews are between 7 and 8.

Do we know what gameTM actually said in the text?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        It won't ask you to do a trick that isn't in the guide or something really simple that isn't in the guide (nose bone / tailbone / shifty). There might be some confusion between grabs and grinds - for example you might think it's asking you to grab, but it's really the name of a grind (so again not in the guide).
        That could be it, not knowing the language makes it all sound a bit alien. Hopefully I'll get time to have a go tonight.

Comment

Absolutely brilliant!!

Just had my first go at trying to get some points on a mountain run, it had a high score of 50,000 so I thought I'd be sensible and just see what I could get by chaining a few moves together. Surprised the hell out of myself by ending up with around 90,000 but the end of the run.

Now I know that's not a good score but the whole game just works so well and I could just take my time boarding. I wasn't doing any of the complex stuff, it was mainly simple grabs & spins with the occasional somersault.

Really good fun and if it wasn't for the fact that I want to unlock the other mountains & some customisation options then I'd be happy to just ignore all the challenges.

Comment

Decided to pick this up for ?17.95 at Zavvi online - should get me nicely in the mood for the new season. Plus the impressions in here have convinced me its worth a go.

Will let you know how i get on once it arrives.

Comment

Just had a storming session on "Sommet". 4ft of snow! A few noobs online, so didn't do too many callouts but got some massive air.

Comment

Anyone have any tips of finding events easier? I got 6/10 on one side of the mountain and can't find the other four!!

I stop boarding and go into camera viewing mode but the further I zoom out the smaller they get

Comment

Originally posted by Dezm0nd View Post
                  On the Pro challenge checklist, there's one saying

Ride 600000 minute without bailing

Is that an error? or is it the most impossible challenge of all time
                  I had something similar...

I had that on both Fuji and AK but it still seemed to get checked off once I'd ridden 2 minutes non-stop without bailing.

Comment

I've not seen this for sale anywhere (bar online)

Comment

positive feedback had me doing a bit of a search for this as could be worth picking up

I haven't ever seen an NTSC-Uk review on metacritic before !

Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

Comment

We are on the metacritic publication list somehow. Have been for ages.
                        Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

I think most of our recent western reviews are on there.
                        Same with gamerankings.

Comment

Got my copy yesterday.

Things are definietly a little confusing from the start. Dont really know what im meant to be doing or how the game progression is layed out, but ive stopped at a few of the challenge points and beat the trick scores a few times, so im guessing thats the right way to go about it for now.

When can i expect to unlock stuff like new clothing and gear out of interest?

Comment

After a couple of hours play (or less if you concentrate on the challenges), when you start getting the attention of sponsors.

Comment

Cool, cheers.

Ive not had a great deal of time to play it this week, but in my few short goes i have started to find it clicking more, and ive now started to adopt a more stylish approach (as opposed to hucking).

Comment

Making some progress on this, and have secured a sponsor or two. Its much more fun now the sponsor challenges and photo shoots have opened up, as opposed to just cruising mountains somewhat aimlessly looking for challenges.

The one thing i am struggling with though are the pro-rider trick challenges, where you have to complete the specified tricks before each gate. I dont see how i can possibly achieve some of them without adopting a hucking approach, which the game says will negate my style points. Any tips? Am i missing something?!

Comment

Working...
                                X