Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guts View Post
    Anyone else had a problem with the game freezing? I've had the game freezing two times now, both times I was taking a ride in a cab and the game just froze, couldn't do anything except turn the power off. Thank God the game has an auto-save feature or otherwise I'd have been pretty pissed off.
    I have had this problem today, was quite strange, really hope it doesnt happen again though.

Also, can you shoot out the CCTV cameras? There seems to be alot of them around some of the dealers I have found, just wondered if I could take the camera's out that I might get a better deal.

Comment

Hope the Daily Mail staff don't read this thread, they'd have a field day.

"GAME TEACHES PLAYERS HOW TO DEAL DRUGS FOR A PROFIT!! ON THE SAME CONSOLE AS NINTENDOGS!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Holio View Post
        I have had this problem today, was quite strange, really hope it doesnt happen again though.
        Yeah, luckily the game didn't freeze on me more than those two times, but it still made me a little more cautious and use the PDA saving after doing some deals.

Originally posted by Holio View Post
        Also, can you shoot out the CCTV cameras? There seems to be alot of them around some of the dealers I have found, just wondered if I could take the camera's out that I might get a better deal.
        You can take them out with molotov's atleast (when they're at a proper height), they're like the hidden packages of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
          Simple on this one really, if you like GTA buy it if you dont, dont it is just GTA done smaller.
          I couldn't get on at all with any of the 3d GTA games. Apart from control / camera issues I just found them boring after a while. However, I am absolutely loving this game. It's great (IMO) to get back to the top down feel of the early games; the drug dealing concept is superb (although i recently lost all my money buying heroin and then getting busted when i got trapped between to pilice cars!) - it's like playing dopewars again only better ; The missions are varied and short enough to not be frustrating and the cut scenes are well drawn and most importantly funny and engaging so they are never a chore to sit through. It's also great finding the USJ's although i'm only up to about 4 or 5 / out of 30. I can't recommend this game enough

Originally posted by Guts View Post
          Anyone else had a problem with the game freezing? I've had the game freezing two times now, both times I was taking a ride in a cab and the game just froze, couldn't do anything except turn the power off. Thank God the game has an auto-save feature or otherwise I'd have been pretty pissed off.
          This has only happened to me once, but as you say it was when I was riding in a cab. However I've taken a fair number of cab rides and it's never happened again.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky_ob View Post
            Hope the Daily Mail staff don't read this thread, they'd have a field day.

"GAME TEACHES PLAYERS HOW TO DEAL DRUGS FOR A PROFIT!! ON THE SAME CONSOLE AS NINTENDOGS!!"
            to be honest, im surprised they havent jumped on this already.

saying that though, the defense is easy - the 18 sticker on the front is bigger than any of the logos on the rest of the box, so its pretty obvious its not for the kiddies

Comment

whilst i expected this game to be lost to me and madworld taking all my time, my wii is unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) out of action. as a result ive been able to get into this fantastic game. ive not played 4 yet, but so far, id have to say that this is my favourite gta game. huang lee is by far my favourite of the main characters. oh and who ever thought up the trading element should be given a medal

Comment

I haven't had this long but so far I'm absolutely loving it. Has a real sense of fun and has loads to do.

Two questions - Anyone know what the swirly blue lights are? I've seen them in a few locations, they look like some sort of power-up but I can't get them to do anything. The other thing is what I do with the trucks marked with a red arrow. I think they are the Ammu-Nation trucks I was told about. I couldn't get into one so I blew it up but that didn't get me anything. I wasn't really paying attention when I was told about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Two questions - Anyone know what the swirly blue lights are? I've seen them in a few locations, they look like some sort of power-up but I can't get them to do anything. The other thing is what I do with the trucks marked with a red arrow. I think they are the Ammu-Nation trucks I was told about. I couldn't get into one so I blew it up but that didn't get me anything. I wasn't really paying attention when I was told about them.
                  1) I also found a few of those blue light-things, but couldn't either figure out what they were supposed to do. Sorry.

2) The Ammu-Nation trucks are harder to jack than regular gang trucks (also marked with red arrows), you have to shoot them until the driver jumps out and then kill him (they're armed with shotguns so they can be dangerous if you're low on health and without decent guns). After you get the truck you need to drive to a secluded safe-house to break into it (the GPS shows the closest). But honestly, it really isn't worth it to capture those Ammu-Nation trucks, the payout is ridiculously small compared to what you have to do to get them. I wasted like a hundred SMG rounds and was rewarded with a shotgun and like 10 shells for it. After that I didn't bother with them, maybe you can get good stuff, but just buying it all is much quicker and easier.

Comment

There are other trucks with red arrows that are not the ammu-nation ones. These belong to drug dealers and again you need to drive them to a secluded safe house with a garage to get the contents. Again, often not worth the effort due to the low returns you generally get.

I was also wondering about the blue lights if anyone knows

Comment

I read on gamefaqs that they only have relevance after the story missions but read no further so I don't know what.

Comment

Had a little play on this earlier. Admittedly I did a few missions and then revelled in blowing up a few petrol stations. Oh, and smashed a car up until it exploded but dived out at the last second.

Ah GTA, it's been a long time...

Comment

one thing i noticed missing in this game is the variety of characters as compared to the other ones. i miss finding new, crazy people all the time and doing missions for them. admittedly this could just be because im not very far into the game

just done a couple of missions for the cop

. mainly because i spend all my time drug trading...

Comment

Bought this on the weekend and been playing it pretty solidly. loving it at the moment and have spent most of my time trading and getting money for propery.

Does anyone know if getting gold medals in the target range earns you anything other than money?

Comment

Yes, I'm pretty sure it does but I can't remember what.

Comment

I had this and loved it on the DS. One of the most enjoyable GTAs in years, I felt. While it's very short and I had some criticisms, I actually enjoyed it more than GTA IV. The top-down look and cel-shaded graphics worked perfectly for the DS and I found the minigames to be good fun and immersive, not instrusive like I thought they'd be.

And now it's out for the PSP and I went and got that too. Why? I'm not quite sure. Probably because I knew I really enjoyed it and wanted an excuse to play it from scratch.

And, so far, it seems to work just as well on the PSP. It certainly looks lovely. The cel-shading has been dropped for the environments and vehicles but the better textures and lighting really makes it work. Everything is still quite simple, but much more solid. And it seems to move more fluidly than the DS version too.

There don't seem to be many additions to the PSP version but they have added something like 2 hours more music. Interestingly, they went for instrumental music to continue the feel of the DS stations and it really works. It actually gives the game far more of a unique feel than the licensed pop tracks of previous GTAs.

The only other difference is an obvious one - the lack of touch screen means those minigames are controlled by buttons. They actually still work pretty well but they're not quite as much fun.

And that's just the early impressions. Looking forward to playing through this again.

Comment

Working...
                                X