Wolfenstein 3D iphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolfenstein 3D iphone

This popped up on the app store today for ?2.99 so decided to give it a punt.

Have to say for what it is its pretty impressive. Obviously its Wolfenstein so its not doing anything ground breaking, but the bright basic visuals lend themselves well to the small screen.

Controls are excellent, one of the best attempts yet. In the bottom left hand corner you have a small virtual stick and in the right hand corner you have fire so you just hold the phone like a joypad and simply 'rub' your thumb over the virtual pad to move around. None of this tapping rubbish.

There are a number of control schemes to choose from. You can even set it to tilt the phone left and right to strafe, but I prefered to use the virtual pad.

I think it works really well due to Wolfenstein not requiring you to look up or down.

I'm loving it, think it plays very well.

I personally prefer config 3 at 70% sensitivity.

Comment

This is an interesting article about the development of this (may have been posted previously - not sure): http://www.idsoftware.com/wolfenstei...evelopment.htm

Glad to hear that it's worked out well in the end.

Comment

I've been enjoying this. It's a good port, nice and smooth, just took me a while to adjust to the touch screen controls.

Comment

Working...
        X