Wakugumi no Jikan (DSiWare)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakugumi no Jikan (DSiWare)

So I got caught up in the DSi-nonsense going on around here and decided to splash out on this. 500 points seems reasonable, and only 28 blocks!? Where did they hide the speech in this? All the instructions and explanations are also spoken (which can be turned off in the settings thankfully).

The idea of the game is that you have to surround blocks of one colour with blocks of another. Then touch one of the surrounding blocks and they will all disappear. Nice and simple.

There are two modes, "piece attack" and "time attack". Basically set number of pieces versus set time limit.

How addictive is it? I'll say it seems to be fun enough, and get back to you after my DSi finishes charging...

Site

So I've completed all the training and have bronze on everything BUT I still want to go back and get a better score. The combo system is pretty easy to understand and not too difficult to actually do.
    The really difficult thing is adjusting your perceptions from "white pieces on a black background" to "white and black pieces" which can be much trickier.

Almost as good as Hacolife. If there were similar incentives to keep getting higher and higher scores (Hacolife has targets for your cumulative score, meet the target and get another item for your box -house, pet, vehicle and relaxing area) then it might be a little more addictive...But then people would claim it was a just a copy of that system. Ah well.

Comment

Bump

I have this game but in Japanese only. After a week playing it everyday I have finally started to see how to get good scores and what those letters refer to on the top screen in the main mode. I have learnt that you get better chains by setting the squares up before you start setting them off, rather than doing everything one after the other,
      However, I seem to have unlocked another 4 letters and I have no idea what I have to do to activate them in the game. Can anyone help¿

Comment

Hold on a tick...You have:
        S - Split bonus [make another group of the same colour before the first has disappeared and have then connected]
        4 - Carted(?) bonus [get 4 different groups of the same colour at the same time]
        C - Combo 10 bonus [get a chain of between 10 and 20]
        1 - 1 step 5 bonus [get a chain of 5 but only touch 1 piece for each]
        P - Pure bonus [get rid of all of 1 colour from the field]
        F - Field bonus [clear the entire screen, can be with any colour]
        B - Big 40 bonus [clear 40 blocks of one colour in 1 go]
        T - Time stop 5 bonus [stop time 5 times in a row (i think...)]
        0(zero) - Zero bonus [clear the entire screen simulatenously so NOTHING is left, only doable if one colour is focussed on]

Hope that helps.

Comment

bloody hell

I thought I actually had to MAKE those letters in some type of formation!!!
          I have been playing around with all the menus and have noticed another game, it shows you shapes you have to make and then rates you on your performance.

Thanks a lot for the help I can now go back to the game with a clearer idea and not just scramble around for a thousand or so points!

Comment

Working...
          X