Gardening Mama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gardening Mama

As most of you will know, this is a spin off from the Cooking Mama games and i have to say i am enjoying it.

The main story type mode, has you walkiing around a garden, tending to different patches. To start with, you only have one section and 1 type of plant to tend to. You start from the very begining when planting, this has you through a selection of mini games, opening seed packets, preparing the soil, watering, weeding, all the usual gardening activities.

What has impressed me is the way the game works. After stage one on a plant, you will leave it to grow and another activity will be unlocked, this maybe tending to another growing plant or planting something new. Depending on what you have planted you are given all sorts of different mini games, from arranging plant pots in your potting shed, to digging holes, watering and even tending to plants in extreme weather.

Each mini game part grades you and to complete a cycle, you have to do well enough to pass that stage. However if you do a part perfectly you win a bonus, get 3 and you wil a new item to help you along your way.

As well as plants you can also plant fruit and veggies, aswell as dealing with roses. Again the minigames and the planting is unique to each.

With the mini games being so varied the experience still feels fresh. At the final cycle for a plant you are given a score and if its good enough you attract insects to the garden.

The presentation is very nice, a lot of thought has gone into the layout and making it easy to know what to do and where to go next. The game responds extremely well to all the touch screen actions in the mini games, it is nice to see a fully touch screen controlled game that works so well.

Graphics and sound are again good while not pushing the DS, they are bright and colourful with the sound suiting the game well.

The only thing i can say is this game will not be for everybody, i can imagine the gameplay can fustrate some as you do not really have an end or a goal besides trying to make something grow for the sake of it. It would have been nice if you sold your produce and could buy things with the money, rather than just being given the items when you do well at each stage.

I much perfer this to the Cooking games, you can see the developer has taken on board the suggestions and run with what worked well in order to improve the formula.

What's this? An ORIGINAL 'mama' game? *GASP*

Comment

oooooo I have this waiting for me at home, sounds much better than I was hoping for, might have to play it before I give it to the GF

Comment

Working...
      X