Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here :/

Comment

From what i've heard, just sign up for a (free) account and it should work.

Comment

Yeah I already have a free account and am signed in, seems to be a bug on the page.

Comment

Game dated for 6th June on PS3 / 360 / PC

Demo coming on 23rd April.

Looking forward to this one - the recent Eurogamer video coverage made it look a lot of fun.

edit: Doh! I thought this was a headlines thread, not first play.

Comment

Are they not running an open-beta for the PC/PS3 then? I sold my 360 a couple of weeks ago.

Is terrain destructible? Can you dig under stuff?

Comment

Been playing the PS3 demo - I really like this.

It's got a massive Total Recall vibe (even down to the music) and it feels a little bit like the best bits of Saints Row 2 (no surprise seeing as it's Volition) but with real destructibility.

Blowing stuff up is always fun and the way buildings break is cool, but the bit where I got the

walker and started tromping through absolutely everything in my path,

well I was grinning like a loon.

Full game is now a definite purchase for me. My only real concern is, when they showed you how big the map was at the end of the demo, that they'll make you do a Saints Row and not allow you to warp to the bits you want to. Fingers crossed that's not the case.

Comment

Red Faction: Guerrilla (demo)

Head over to http://www.thq-games.com/uk/redfaction to get your early access demo key, available for 360 and PS3.

750mb-ish download and quite frankly a very short demo, but I spent the whole time with a big grin on my face. The developers claim that the destruction in this game is several years ahead of the competition, and on evidence of what I've just seen I'd say they are about right. Every building just falls to pieces in the most spectacular and 'organic' way, and the whole thing is done without any slowdown.

The destruction isn't realistic, it's very much hollywoodised, but it is certainly fun!

The single mission in the demo has you crossing a very small part of the game world in order to break out a huge walker type vehicle, and once you have that you are pretty much unstoppable as you trounce everything and everyone in sight.

The game feels pretty good - it isn't as slick as CoD or Gears etc but for an open world experience it is quite tight. Enemies react when shooting them, I didn't notice the AI do anything clever but all the game has to do is throw loads of them at you and you get to have fun. The button layout could do with some refinement though I didn't check if you can change it.

It's not the best looking game by any stretch of the imagination, but it is very impressive in other ways. I worry the missions are going to be similar to Farcry 2 (sending you to opposite ends of the map every time) but the demo has shown me that this could be one of the more enjoyable gaming experiences of 2009.

Comment

I'll just repost my impressions from the Beta thread, since I posted them a little while back when I got access to the PS3 demo early:

It's got a massive Total Recall vibe (even down to the music) and it feels a little bit like the best bits of Saints Row 2 (no surprise seeing as it's Volition) but with real destructibility.

Blowing stuff up is always fun and the way buildings break is cool, but the bit where I got the § walker and started tromping through absolutely everything in my path, § well I was grinning like a loon.

Full game is now a definite purchase for me. My only real concern is, when they showed you how big the map was at the end of the demo, that they'll make you do a Saints Row and not allow you to warp to the bits you want to. Fingers crossed that's not the case.
                  Can't wait to pick up the full thing.

Comment

First thing I did was hatchet a crate, which exploded and killed me within 2 seconds of loading up the level

Comment

Yeah I played this today and first thing I will say is that the demo is extremely short, kinda disappointing really. Gameplay wise, it's not bad I guess. The whole "destroy everything" mechanic is pretty nifty and is fun but I can see it wearing off after a while. Apart from that it doesn't really stand out, on the basis of the demo I don't see myself buying it on release. After I finished the demo my reaction was "meh, is that it?".

Comment

Played the new multiplayer demo last night, the graphcis are greatly improved.

Again, very surprisingly it was really good fun online, I'm not one for for multiplayer games outside of Halo, but I could actually see myself having a lark around with this online

Comment

I spent quite a while arsing around with the SP demo... it really is impressive how the destruction elements work. If you set about a building's foundations with a sledgehammer, you can weaken it to the point of collapse. Then lure an enemy in and drop the roof on him with remote mines

At one point I blew away almost half of a building and left the rest standing... but after a few minutes the remainder toppled and smashed itself. Very nice.

the visuals aren't very good when you're just standing round. But running straight into a three-storey building in the mech triggers a level of on-screen chaos I haven't seen in many games.

this game contains the spirit of Blast Corps

Comment

I had a guy chase me around the map trying to team kill me because I shot the base of the tower he was standing in with a rocket and it all collapsed with him still inside.

Comment

Working...
                            X