Monster Hunter 3 Demo (Wii)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster Hunter 3 Demo (Wii)

As I promised myself, I played this before even putting G into my Wii.
    It's really pretty, the scenery and the monsters look great.
    In the demo there are two quests you can try, one easy and one a little harder. You pick a ready-to-play hunter, choice male or female, and then away you go.

Bad point: load times. Ugh. Or perhaps I'm just too impatient these days...

Anyway, I'm making a quick video which I'll post in a bit.

Overall: MH3 will be MINE this summer.

I'm someone who has never played a Monster Hunter game, but I really like the look of it. Especially seeing as this has Wi-Fi play.

Will the full game be import friendly?

Comment

Doubtful. But I think the full version of 3 is getting localised.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
          Will the full game be import friendly?
          You'll be able to play it easily enough. But a large element of the game is combining various items (parts from killed monsters, ores, herbs etc) to produce better weapons, armor and kit for use in the field. In that respect you'd have to be quite comfortable with the japanese as a translation guide will just make the game feel frustrating.

I'm not too worried about the demo myself as I'm a huge fan already and MH3 is just building on what's gone before.

If you've got a PSP, the portable games are as big and playable as their console counterparts. MH Freedom 2 is probably quite cheap as they've yet to sell well over here. Hopefully Capcom will turn that around with Unite, and if you're enjoying the game you can port all of your stuff from Freedom 2 into Unite.
          Last edited by Riskbreaker; 23-04-2009, 13:29.

Comment

Those load times are pretty horrible.

25 seconds. Euch.

Comment

Doesn't this use a standard pad only? Maybe worth a punt.

Comment

MHG only uses the classic controller, but MH3 uses the CC or the wiimote+nunchuk, the latter of which is what I was using to play in that video.

Comment

Looks great, seems like there isn't much carving time after you beat the boss though??

How are you finding MHG? Online any good?

Comment

There's very little time because it's the demo.

Er, I only played G for a few minutes. 3 is prettier.

Comment

is g not getting localised here? i know its a psp port but having never played the original i wouldnt mind giving it a crack. that themed classic control also looks ace, tempted to grab the pack just for that

Comment

It's a PS2 port I think, rather than being a PSP port of the PS2 game. Not that that really makes a difference.
                        Yeah, the MHCC is rather cool.

Ugh. Played the demo of 3 twice more. No G today though. I wandered around the map a bit and did some swimming. I attacked some sharks until they disappeared...

Comment

Working...
                        X