No announcement yet.

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena [360/PS3/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's almost as if they used the engine from The Darkness and pasted the old game over the top.

Actually does that make any sense at all ?

Comment

Originally posted by TBL2260 View Post
      It's almost as if they used the engine from The Darkness and pasted the old game over the top.

Actually does that make any sense at all ?

That would explain the shiny walls!

Comment

i finished Assault On Dark Athena and have to say the game, while having flaws, was an absolute blast to play. some reviews cricized the lack of stealth and sneaking compared to Butcher Bay but i guess it's just a matter of taste. Dark Athena is a little bit more focused on gunplay and mech-action, but it's mostly slow and even tactical gunplay. also some enemies are very tough and/or hard so the sneaking around is always there if you don't want to die often. the highlight of the game, again, are the marky and cynical lines of Vin Diesel alias Riddick. i just love his voice flaws come in the way of a sound bug and some backtracking at the beginning. all in all Starbreeze again managed to deliver a game that delivers on so many aspects: melee combat, shooting, stealth action and even some puzzle solving. put on top a decent story and a quality presentation and, voila, there is my new under-the-radar game recommendation.

Comment

Really want to play this, see Wanted thread for PS3 version if anyone has it.

Comment

Working...
          X