No announcement yet.

Maximo 2 (vs Army of Zin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short, but sweet I think could be the best analagy to sum up Maximo versus Army of Zin.

Arguably easier than it's predecessor, the game can be beaten in about 4-6 hours. There are moments, which test your resolve and skill, most of which, come in the form of enemy melee attacks. These can be overwhelming at times - and frustrating, since there really isn't any "invincibility" respite as seen in other platform games, so you can be killed in a matter of seconds.

The game looks nice enough, but there are some graphical errors too. One of which, might occur during a melee attack, where-by the visuals look very jaggy, almost as if it were a PSOne title. Another problem I found was that there was "white specks" littered throughout the game, not bad enough to detract from the game, but enough to make it noticeable, almost as if it were a dirty print or something.

Aside the aesthetical deficiencies, the sound is faultless, with a decent score to accompany the comical sound-effects and surprisingly, impressive dialogue. The controls are identical to the first one and feel natural. The camera itself, works well-enough, and can be position when faced with an awkward jump, in the event of the camera being unable to be navigated, Maximo is made visible via his shadow, ala' Mario Sunshine. Thankfully though, these occurances were rare.

Maximo versus Army of Zin hasn't bettered it's predecessor, but it's on par with it IMO. It might appear easier to some, 2-days solid spent on this will see you through it, but then lies the temptation to go back through the stages you haven't "Mastered" to attain 100% completion.

Comment

Absolute bollocks to the criticism on the graphics, the game is easily one of the most impressive games this gen at doing what it set out to achieve graphically and that is to look like an interactive animation, nothing more is needed graphically.

Anyway this game has more action than it than anything this gen, it is absolutely bursting with enemies and effects and getting 100% on hard on all levels should take you the best part of a month.

It is an absolutely fantastic title that is bursting with personality and charm and no action fan that has a ps2 should be without it.

Comment

Army of Zin is currently in the Gameplay.co.uk payday sale.

?12!

Comment

Got this last night from Blockbusters for ?4.99 brand new!

Comment

I've had this for a while and got quite far, 100% each level as I went. Then a dodgy bit of action replay tomfoolery by myself and bam! all my game saves corrupted..

3 years or GT3 down the pan.

Anyhoo. Great game in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
              Got this last night from Blockbusters for ?4.99 brand new!

You must have seen my post earlier last week! :-)

Quality game

Comment

I finlished this a few months back, really enjoyed it - more enjoyable than the first game for sure, less frustrating and more to the levels.

bargain for a fiver.

Comment

Working...
                X