No announcement yet.

Fight Night Round 4 [Demo]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played a bit more and I find it to be pretty broken (PS3 version anyway).

I was pretty good at round 3 but in this one I can land a thousand jabs on my opponent (who never seems to have his guard up) and he remains standing but appears to only require 1 counterpunch to send Hatton to the ground. Maybe I'm diong something wrong, please enlighten me.

Regularly throws punches that are most definitely not the command I put in.

Commentary is unrelated to the fight. They just say any old crap. They also imply that the bout has only seconds to go when there's more than a minute on the clock.

I need help on all the above otherwise this has dropped off my buy list :-(

Comment

I feel your pain FullSpecWarrior!

I got this demo on friday, and whilst it was downloading (360) I was jsut brimming with excitement! then I actually played it, I have played at least 10 games, just to see if it was just me and it is actually good. But no I never saw it in that way.

I find the commentators to be quite unresponsive to the action, I like the new tactics they have implimented, but when you actually get to the game it just ends up in a mad jabfest, and when you try to pull off a heymaker it will do something completely different.

I find that the speed in the game is quite unrealistic, fight night round 3 was my favourite boxing game, and this just feels like FNR3 on Coke or something, but not in the good way.

The whole decision to remove the knock out moment is a shame as I loved that in the last one.

This went from a day 1 purchase to possibly just waiting until it's cheap, it didn't help watching the production video on the marketplace where the guy was talking about al the reason FNR 3 sucked and why 4 will be better! and all his reasonings and comments fell on deaf ears to me as I loved 3 for it's apparently repetitive gameplay.

Comment

BTW if you want a code guys just pre order in store at gamestation.

Comment

given this another go and its just horrible, probably my biggest gaming disappointment of the year so far.

this has gone from day 1 purchase to one I don't even want when reduced.

it feels lightweight, controls worse than FN3 and the fighters look all waxy and 'stiff'

shame.

UFC all the way for me for my fisticuff gaming.

Comment

Glad it's not just me.

Comment

its not just you, I can't for the life of me see what people who think this is great are playing, its just so flawed and such a backward step.

Comment

I have played the demo quite a bit now and still think it is quality. I shall be buying this and UFC, based on what I thought of the demos

Comment

Those slow motion knockdown replays are gone?

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                    it feels lightweight, controls worse than FN3 and the fighters look all waxy and 'stiff'
                    agree totally with that statement - they look like action figures, like the wrestlers in legends of wrestling.
                    Having said that I did have fun with the demo but it is no way a 'boxing simulation' like I had been led to believe. Even the tutorial and loading screens make it sound like realism matters but then in game I'm throwing 100 punches per round.

Comment

EA's Dean Richards, executive producer on Fight Night Round 4, has told VG247 that the issue of accessibility in Fight …

ah ha, some answers here, it has been dumbed down from FN3, the bit about throwing punches now before the last one has finished I think explains for me the 'wrongness' in feel of this and the fact its on speed.

Comment

Felt like a big step back from FN3 as others have said it lacks the impact. The controls feel really odd and sluggish to me as well, punches and combos don't seem to flow as well as they did in FN3.

With UFC coming out on Friday I think I'm going to have to pass on this.

Comment

Thats pretty much ass... 60fps is welcome, but they could keep with the realism of the punching/impact. I think boxing fans are the only ones who buy this series anyway.

However:

Explore our Video Game Forums. Electronic Arts is a leading publisher of games on Console, PC and Mobile.

2. Punch connections. Landed punch collisions are cleaner and hit reactions have more intensity.

and more.
                          Last edited by saturn-gamer; 18-05-2009, 19:48.

Comment

Reassuring but I can't deny, the feedback here's taking my excitement meter down a peg or two.

As people have said, at least UFC is out this Friday.

Comment

Screw this. If I want dumbed down I'll buy a Wii thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X