Tiger Woods Golf 10 (X360 & PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger Woods Golf 10 (X360 & PS3)

so EA have bought this forward to avoid the end of year game crush and a rather hefty 1.5gb demo offers you 4 holes of golf, seems a huge file size but anyway on with some vies.

things look iffy for a major update when the loading screen lists in its first bullet points 'new tv style presentation'

on playing the game to me this looks and feel identical to last years version (possibly swing control is a little less sensitive), there is a bit of rain on one course which is nice but superficial.

other things that are new, er, well there is a number 10 where a 9 was last time and the camera swoops around a bit more.

unless desperate for a few new courses can't see a single reason to pay for this if you have last years.
    Last edited by merf; 19-07-2009, 11:24.

Its got a lot of new features ingame though with the career so thats going to sell it to us that play all time on net. Graphics are ever so slightly better on the course but not much. Only massive difference is dynamic weather and it being set to weather channel if you want and the new putting system.

Comment

I really don't see how this could be any improvement over 09, which was, for me...pretty much definitive!

Comment

It really only needed proper online PGA events and it looks like thats been done now

Comment

but is it worth £40 ?

Comment

When you can get Everybodys Golf World Tour for <&#163;15 its not worth anywhere near full price.

Comment

Id say it is worth it. Ive spent a heck of alot of time on last years online and for me its worth it for the online extras. Also really looking forward to the weather tie in on realife.

Comment

Originally posted by Del Boy View Post
                When you can get Everybodys Golf World Tour for <?15 its not worth anywhere near full price.
                You can?

Comment

I even think its &#163;9.97 at Currys, its just a case of finding a copy.

Comment

I picked this up for some trades and really enjoying it.

Adds very little to previou years but its very slick, and I'm finding the putting more of a challenge with the new accuracy putting thing.

I like the structure of the classic tournament mode, a nice mix of matchplay and specific challenges, perfect pick up and play fodder.

The EA face maker thing really seems to have gone backwards, the same photo from last year returns some alien looking Mexican for me in both this and Fight Night 4 (I don't look like a UFO derived Hispanic)

The online tournaments mode seems a bit pointless for mortals, the current challenge has people posting 4 round totals of around 70 under par, pointless even having go.

Nice but pretty redundant, hard to see where they go with this as its pretty perfect now. The download courses always feel like a pisstake to me as well.

Comment

I chopped in 08 and 09 for this over the weekend. Played it most of the weekend inbertween CoD and Transformers breaks and it seems new and fresh to me.

As the above person says its very slick. The new weather system makes a course different every time you play and does affect hitting etc its not just for looks. New courses and new online modes.

Online challanges are near impossible but im sure on the intro they reset every week? Cant remember now.

Also enjoyed the "Play the Pros" mode which gives you chance to see if you can beat RL Pro scores.

Putting is much more of a challenge now, but thats a good thing as it was way to easy in the last game.

Worth a punt if you ask me.

Bingo Bango BONGO!

Comment

Ive played it a fair bit on 360 with my dad in last week. ITs pretty much the same as last year in engine but with the better putting system and real weather option. Online in theory is better with daily tournaments etc.. but as its the same engine they havent capped the stats for online so you have superhuman maxxed stats getting 350+ tee shots and getting -23 in one round so as good in theory as it is its not realistic.

Single player is much better for career as your stats get altered on the fly much quicker each round and they have got rid of tiger challenges (basically used to get stats up to go onto career) and replaced it with a much harder challenge system with videos for Tiger Woods of what happened on that challenge.

I like it alot but its a shame they havent capped the stats. Ive read alot of issues of online especially friends on the PS3 version. I know myself when I did first ranked 2 sessions with my dad on saturday it kicked us both out twice around 16th hole so it was pretty wonky. When I did it via unranked (as where both using same router in house) it was fine though.

Ive also got it on PS3 for friends but I cant get into it on PS3 with the deadzone and axis being smaller I hook/slice like crazy so given up lol

Comment

I'm not bothering with the online at all but think I judged this a tad quickly as being exactly the same as last year, I play on a decent skill level and I'm finding it far harder to break par at the moment and win tourneys in the career mode.

The new putting system is rather good and at the moment, with my stats in the 7-8 out of 10 range I'm finding this quite a challenge and really getting a sense of peril in terms of dropping shots and working hard for birdies.

I like this a lot.

Comment

Hey guys sorry for the bump but where does it show my online earnings? I want to keep track of how much I've won for the big money trophy but my online earnings at My Tiger '10 > Stats > Online Career are stuck at $5000 even though I've just won over 200k from yesterdays dailys and another 100k+ the day before. Don't want to waste my time

Comment

Tiger 2010 was patched to take the online earnings out. If you go to

My Tiger '10 > Stats > Online Career > Press Conference

And select the "Apologise to the world media rather than your wife" option, you'll find you may be able to regain the option to generate income. However, it is recommended you don't play the game for 9 months before checking to see if this has worked.
                              Last edited by cavalcade; 27-02-2010, 20:14.

Comment

Working...
                              X