Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust [Multi]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust [Multi]

On another forum (not as good as this one obv.) I am regarded as something of a Dazzyman character. Always purchasing practically every single game that comes out on every format, (in my case regardless of quality, price, or indeed myself having any interest in playing them). Unlike Dazzyman, who actually plays the games he buys and enjoys them, I have a fairly low boredom threshold, and will often finish the tutorial section or first level of a game and never play it again.

A poster on this other forum (the guy who writes the "Letter From America" column in gamesTM) asked for my first play impressions on Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust - a game so poor that only I could possibly be convinced to buy it - before I posted this game free of charge to our forum completionist who promised to 1000/1000 the game, regardless of how long it would take. That way our forum could get a blend of opinions, from a shallow ADD-suffering game butterfly such as myself, and a hardcore "I played Warriors Orochi for 150 hours to get all the achievements out of it" nutcase.

Well, it's hard to encapsulate Leisure Suit Larry BOB in words, so I recorded a short Youtube video of my initial impressions, which I thought you would enjoy seeing. It is about 9 or 10 minutes long, and contains, amongst other things a large brass male member, a lot of swearing (from the game), and me at 2am having not shaved for 3 days. So that's a warning not to play it with any children about, or at work. Also don't show it to your wives/girlfriends, as clearly they will fall in love with my rugged, manly good looks.

LINK [NSFW]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYWBBy4GfH0

In summary, if you can't be bothered watching the video: This game is hideous in many ways, and belongs in a different era. The graphics are passable environmentally, but feature terrible character models. The gameplay is clunky, and annoying, and the terrible sexual innuendos come at such a rate, it's like watching 5 Carry On Films and a Roy Chubby Brown stand up gig simultaneously.

The fact remains however that the true awfulness of the game - the hideous, terrible crapness of it - sort of becomes endearing. It's like an annoying relative who you can't stand (e.g. your racist aunty from Basingstoke or your 6 year old second cousin who eats earthworms and poos behind the sofa), after a while if you've drunk enough your suffering turns to anger, your anger turns to pity, and then your pity to acceptance.

That makes more sense if you say it in a Yoda voice.

I accept this game.
    Last edited by cavalcade; 16-06-2009, 12:36.

But what are the load times like after an install!

Comment

What's the framerate like?

Comment

is it 1080p?

Comment

is there a waggle mini game version for the Wii ?

Comment

I don't know the answers to any of your questions. My brain is currently trying to forget the time I spent playing the game-of-which-I-can-no-longer-speak, and my psychotherapist says that it is very important that I put this episode in my life behind me, and think positive, happy thoughts about happy, positive things.

I love puppies! And flowers!

Comment

Working...
            X