Tomodachi Collection (DS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomodachi Collection (DS)

Ever wanted your Miis to talk? Or interact with each other?

Me neither. But then I saw this and thought I'd make it the last game I bought before leaving Japan. It's oddly Japanese enough afterall.

So you make Miis in the game, give them personalities and customise how they speak. Then you visit them and give them food, help them with issues and give them stuff when they level-up.

As you add more characters, you unlock new features. Yes, you can transfer Miis from your Wii but not straightaway, it's a feature you have to unlock first.

With more Miis, there are more opportunities for interaction, etc. and that is the interesting bit.

No doubt most will hate this game. I view it as an odd bit of fun and nothing more.

No-one else interested in this? Shame. There are some great touches.
    I turned it on today to find one of my Miis dreaming and then went into her dream! She was dreaming that she was like Godzilla and destroying buildings downtown. With the stylus I moved her across and obliterated stuff. Then she woke, realised it was a dream and went back to sleep. As a reward I got a monster outfit to dress someone in! When she was asleep I drew on her face. How childish. Tee-hee.

Added MrT to my island and got the clothes shop, immediately buying a sailor uniform for the Mii of my wife. She levelled up and I gave her a mobile phone. Now she's just like a real Jpnese schoolgril! (the spelling mistakes are on purpose). I gave MrT a nice suit.

Another Mii was unhappy so I gave her a travel ticket. She went to Italy and took me along to take photos. Cue photos of several Italian landmarks appearing and me having to press the shutter button when my Mii had struck a pose.

The little touches are really nice, although I can't help feeling it's just like Nintendogs but with people...

Comment

Its on my maybe list. This is the game that also has Nintendo staff as characters?

It also sold surprisingly lots on release:

Nintendo has a new hit on its hands, as Tomodachi Collection for the Nintendo DS tops Japanese sales charts. The Mii collection and interaction software moved more than 100,000 copies in its first week on sale.

Comment

...sounds interesting! What's it like for those who can't read Japanese?! Still playable?

Comment

Working...
        X