Trine [Demo - PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trine [Demo - PC]

Thanks to the headlines thread : http://trine.gamesplanet.com/trine-game-nobilis.html

Just some initial thoughts from the demo:

1. Stunning visually.
    2. Utterly charming.
    3. BUILT for co-op.
    4. Game mechanics that work and feel fun.

Lovely premise, engaging from the moment the game starts...I was really looking forward to this game, and from the demo it looks like it's going to deliver.

The three characters are very individual, the thief (female character) has a bow and arrow which (I was using 360 controller) you aim with the right stick, and the longer you aim, the harder it hits. With the triggers she has a bionic commado-esque rope she can swing with.

The wizard uses magic to move objects, you use the right stick to move a curser and then hold the trigger over it and move it. If you hold the right trigger down you can also draw a square with the right stick which magically makes a box appear you can uses for switches etc.

The soldier guy, you hit people with the sword with X, which is fun, but the right stick controls your shield, the direction you use it, which is very useful for the mini-tutorial where you have to shield yourself from the collapsing roof!

After the tutorial you control all three characters by switching between them with the bumper buttons.

It's an absolute insta-buy for me, probably will end up with it on 360 AND PS3. Please release this now. The website says £24.99, which gives an idea of how much this is going to cost. I actually don't mind that too much because I'd pay full price for this kind of game, presuming it's not 5 minutes long.

This pretty much eclipses any other DLC game I've seen or heard of to date.

One thing though, co-op NEEDS to be in there day one. Otherwise this will suffer from nobody playing it, the usual XBLA thing will happen where people rave about it for 10 minutes then never play it again because the features that should be in there at launch, aren't.
    Last edited by Jebus; 27-06-2009, 17:50.

If you get it on Steam it's ?19.99 and you get Shadowgrounds (which looks a bit like a modern Alien Breed) for free

Comment

Working...
    X