Dux [DC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dux [DC]

Well, it's not as hard as No Hope, which is nice.

Still getting used to the sprite sized hitbox - I'm so used to sneaking through bullet swarms these days, that old school shooters seem dead hard.

Lots going on, so lots to learn - enemies and bullets arriving from everywhere.

A weird organic tech look to it, even though everything is white in the background. Reminds me of Portal a little. Easy to see what's going on though, which is the important bit.

A few powerups: diagonal bouncers, up/down homing rockets, hold down for wide beam attack, invincible pod which can go and front or back and can be fired across the screen.

It's been a while since I've had a phase of shooters, so with this and Raiden Fighters, I'm looking forward to regaining some semblance of skill.

From what I've seen so far (level 1), I'd say I am looking forward to seeing what the rest of it has to offer, unlike No Hope which I just wanted to snap in half.... If you didn't find Last Hope difficult then you'll probably find this too easy.
    Last edited by charlesr; 01-07-2009, 14:51.

Anyone else playing this?

Comment

Any chance of reviewing this Charles?

Comment

I'll see if I can knock something together. It would be from memory though.
        Last edited by charlesr; 27-09-2010, 21:53.

Comment

Comment

Nice little review. I will pick this up, I had read about a bug in the scoring on VGI I think it was. I'll still give this a go though.

Comment

Yeah, the first level can end up giving you far too many points sometimes. If scores are really important to you, then don't get this. The gameplay is cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                Nice little review. I will pick this up, I had read about a bug in the scoring on VGI I think it was. I'll still give this a go though.
                I concur. A short but sweet review.

Dux and Pink Bullets are the last 2 shooters I require for my DC shmup collection.

Knowing that the game isn't bobbins makes it more palatable parting with the cash.

Comment

Working...
                X