Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood (PC/PS3/360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive been doing a bit a SP and MP , throughly enjoying both , looking for some forumites too play MP , for the fantastic Wild West Legends , which is attack and defend , whole package is awesome wouldn't mind a final game to round it off.

Comment

Wanted this for ages after reading the positive comments on various forums, and finally got it for free from a friend, and good lord...

This is supposedly a current gen PS3/360 title?

Up to Chapter 6 and I've seen mutton-chop face's polygon head on about 50% of all NPCs. He's the guy in the intro, he's half your squad in level 1 (this beggared belief, I was standing next to the river and there were like 3 of him standing around me!!!), he's one of the main antagonists in the bar-shootout, he's bloody everywhere ALL THE TIME! How many clones does mutton-face have? Next up is squint eyes, who also seems to have a dozen twins running around, including one of the game's bosses. Surely a boss-fight should have a freshly made polygon model for the head?

Bollocks is this current gen, I'd expect these kind of recycled polygon models from a PS2 game.

Also, the interiors to houses and other object layouts have all been copy and pasted as well. At the bottom of the mine level, right at the start, look at the 2 shacks filled with rocks and planks. Both are identical on the inside - whoever coded this sloppy nonsense just copy and pasted the object location code.

Being Polish by ancestry, I feel bad for criticising what is a Polish developed game (check the credits), but Christ on a bike is it shoddily made. I'd expect this kind of thing from Deadly Premonition, not an FPS everyone has been raving about.

I can't believe the lowest metacritic score was 60%. If I still reviewed games professionally I'd have scored this no higher than 4/10 on technical grounds alone.

Comment

I wish you did. I'd love to see you trying to explain to a horde of angry internet nerds why Bad Company 2 had been scored 4/10.

It's hardly the most polished game in the world, but to stick it on a par with Deadly Premonition and the like for presentation is a ludicrous over-reaction and possibly one reason you're no longer reviewing games for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post
          It's hardly the most polished game in the world, but to stick it on a par with Deadly Premonition and the like for presentation is a ludicrous over-reaction and possibly one reason you're no longer reviewing games for a living.
          I gave it up of my own free will because the pay (?12k per annum) was so low.

As entertaining as this game may be, I find it worrying that critics are ignoring basic mistakes being made in the creation process. Then again, it was published by Ubisoft and they always were good at taking us out for expensive PR-paid lunches.

Comment

I have to agree with this. I also had a 'friend' who recommend this. I finally got the rental through and I would say that while the forest areas are pretty good in terms of detail and textures most of the levels are trench based and look horrible.

Also the character models are pretty shocking and in general the interface and gameplay is pretty weak. It almost feels like an xbox 360 cash in release game like King Kong. And thats being unfair to Kong. I think I made it through the first level was a little sick in my mouth and sent it back.

On the plus side the photo effect wad convincing. I wonder if this is where all the Dev time went.
            Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
            Wanted this for ages after reading the positive comments on various forums, and finally got it for free from a friend, and good lord...
            This is supposedly a current gen PS3/360 title?

Up to Chapter 6 and I've seen mutton-chop face's polygon head on about 50% of all NPCs. He's the guy in the intro, he's half your squad in level 1 (this beggared belief, I was standing next to the river and there were like 3 of him standing around me!!!), he's one of the main antagonists in the bar-shootout, he's bloody everywhere ALL THE TIME! How many clones does mutton-face have? Next up is squint eyes, who also seems to have a dozen twins running around, including one of the game's bosses. Surely a boss-fight should have a freshly made polygon model for the head?

Bollocks is this current gen, I'd expect these kind of recycled polygon models from a PS2 game.

Also, the interiors to houses and other object layouts have all been copy and pasted as well. At the bottom of the mine level, right at the start, look at the 2 shacks filled with rocks and planks. Both are identical on the inside - whoever coded this sloppy nonsense just copy and pasted the object location code.

Being Polish by ancestry, I feel bad for criticising what is a Polish developed game (check the credits), but Christ on a bike is it shoddily made. I'd expect this kind of thing from Deadly Premonition, not an FPS everyone has been raving about.

I can't believe the lowest metacritic score was 60%. If I still reviewed games professionally I'd have scored this no higher than 4/10 on technical grounds alone.

Comment

Working...
            X