Batman: Arkham Asylum [DEMO]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
    Totally agree with Merf on this (for a change, lol). Whilst not utter garbage, i seem to have played this all before. Just far too a generic wander round and fight baddies game for me, and the fighting is just plain Conan. Too by the numbers imo. Its like dynamite cop in drag . Very boring i have to say and the detective mode although not bad takes out any thought process for getting through levels.

Also don't really like the shiny style of the game. I would have preferred a darker more gothic/gritty feel and gameplay style possibly more in the Splinter Cell, MGS4 realm or perhaps more freeform. It just feels brainless as it is to me with really no thought required to get from A to B.

If the whole game is much the same as the demo, i'll be very surprised if it gets high review scores.
    Its being said that the full game is reasonably big and its being done in a Metroid kind of fashion where you need certain gadgets to continue in one big play area. I'm also sceptical, but so far critics are loving it and I doubt all of them have been bribed.

Comment

I still can't decide whether to get the CE or not.

Comment

I've taken the weekend off work the friday this is out, just played the demo again a few minutes ago and I really can't wait, I haven't properly played a game all summer its been all downloadable quick play titles so this should be a real treat

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
          I still can't decide whether to get the CE or not.
          Where can you preorder the CE? I can't find it anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
            Where can you preorder the CE? I can't find it anywhere!
            I've had one on order with Gamestation for a month or two now and when I went in to collect the receipt for it they said head office told them to stop taking pre-orders because it had sold out. Game are selling it too, but I don't know if they've sold out or not.

Comment

Been playing the pc demo for this and though it's not my kind of game i am liking the stealth rooms. Could happily forgo the running round corridors and beat-em-up sections just to be given a massive environment and pick goons off in various ways. Maybe it's an indication of the players personality, but i find myself toying with the goons like a cat with a mouse, driving them to terror before finally putting them out of their misery.

Comment

god damn it........there's 4 people on my flist playing this on ps3(full game)

Comment

Working...
                X