Space Invaders Infinity Gene -iOS / PSN / XBLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space Invaders Infinity Gene -iOS / PSN / XBLA

Being a huge fan of Space Invaders Extreme on the DS, read about this new game for the Ipod Touch (and phone) and immediately downloaded it.

Space Invaders Infinity Gene is simply brilliant. The game constantly evolves, new things open up all the time and the gameplay is superb. The soundtrack is great, but a even better feature allows to you play classic Space Invaders but listening to your own music stored on your Ipod.

Graphics, superb, retro with modern feel.

The controls are also perfect. and, you don't always stay at the bottom the screen you have to move around, simple with the touch control.

I have played the game for about 2 hours now and have unlocked loads of stuff.

This is a must buy for all Ipod Touch / Phone Owners
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Is it as frustrating as Space Invaders Extreme gets on the harder stages (dive bombing aliens with shields ftl)?

Comment

It is tough but fair. At ?2.99 it is a steal

Loving it!

Comment

Bought this on the back of the overwhelming positivity.

Hope its good! Its my third iGame purchase in as many weeks which amazingly makes it my platform of choice in recent months...

It is due to time restrictions but it still feels weird to admit it.

Comment

This is superb stuff and a must-own for shmup fans. The levels are frantic and aren't too long either, perfect for gaming on-the-go.

I really like the style of the game and it's simplicity is a breath of fresh air. The controls, although they are touchscreen are pretty solid in my opinion.

One downer was that I had to download OS 3.0 for my iPod touch, but I would have got that sooner or later, but this is easily a very easy decision to make at the price of ?3.

Comment

Regardless of platform, this is the best shooter I've played in ages. I'm no expert on the genre by any means but this is a very solid title. A bargin too!

A must have game on the system.

Comment

Bought it but it doesn't seem to have synched to my iTouch and now I'm on a train reading about how great it is. Bah!

Originally posted by Btang84 View Post
              One downer was that I had to download OS 3.0 for my iPod touch
              Turns out this was the problem

Played it this morning and its DOPE!!!1
              Last edited by spagmasterswift; 03-08-2009, 09:22.

Comment

Game's coming to PSN and XBLA

Comment

Smart.

Comment

This is proof of a christian God existing.

Comment

I'm down for this!1

Comment

good game which scales up pretty well on the ipad.

Comment

Anyone downloaded any of the extra ships? I downloaded the Silver Hawk and though they did a pretty good job of making it feel like a Darius game, it has the original music etc. That said i think there are only a couple of levels. Whether its worth the £1.19 depends on how much you like Darius and how tight you are.

Comment

I bought them all just out of support for the game really. Absolutely love it to pieces and I was very happy to do so.

The ship you get for downloading all 3 packs is the R-Gray 2 from Raystorm. Due to it's weapon it's **** to play for score though.

The Black Fly ship is absolutely incredible to use for scoring.

Comment

PSN and XBLA version is coming next month

Comment

Working...
                              X