Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trials HD (xbla)

this is up and amazing.

can see many will find it frustrating but the control system is so precise and deep, its really hard and rewards patience, if you are the sort of person who gets easily frustrated be warned.

what is apparent already is the scope for perfect clear runs once your skills are developed as once you get the hang of a section you can usually repeat it.

so far loving it
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Is it similar to the PC "Trials 2"?

Comment

Well i'm gonna give in and come out with I DOWNLOAED THE TRIAL!!

But yeah, it's really good. Like I say, I downloaded the trial and really enjoyed it, the only problem I have is Shadow Complex is out next week and I won't have the points to buy them both.

You can only get 2100 cards and both games come to 2400. I am not the kinda guy to buy the 4200 points card just to get both, i'll just get the one game from a 2100 points card.

If Shadow Complex is a let down, which i'm hoping it won't be, i'll buy this instead.

I can understand MS' ploy with the pricing of those cards, but I wish I had the option to buy my own set amount of points online or just change the value of the cards to accommodate the 1200 price point.

Comment

can't comment on the pc game as not played it.

for some reason really reminds me of Unirally on the SNES, just really souped up obviously.

for such seemingly simple controls (accelerate, brake and leaning) the depth and feel of riding the bike is superb.

I'm not usually obsessed with chasing times and gold/silver etc but we are really hooked on perfecting the early tracks and hoovering up the medals for them.

quality game.

only niggle is linking the editor content only to your friends, seems a bit mean.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
          only niggle is linking the editor content only to your friends, seems a bit mean.
          I can see why they did it, so the huge penis shaped courses don't make it to the wider world and they don't need a complex moderating process.

Looking forward to this. Been playing the MX game on my iphone and this has got me in the mood.

Comment

Unirally you say??

How? That game was amazing.

Comment

a strictly 2d side on racer with emphasise on placing and landing your jumps with scope for real showing off and stunts, more we've played more I've felt it.

real sense of satisfaction landing a good flip perfectly and aligning your rotation to the ramp.

Comment

Love this game... the controls are solid and it just feels really satisfying. Kind of reminds me of Excite Bike on the NES (in a weird kind of way).

Can't wait until I get home from work so I can fire it up again!
                Last edited by MetalJoe; 12-08-2009, 11:02.

Comment

Just got this and yeah its absolubtley fantastic.

As far as these comparsions to Excitebike and Unirally go though, its actualy closer to Kickstart 2 on the Spectrum, infact its almost the exact same game but with (obviously) much better graphics.
                  Last edited by rmoxon; 12-08-2009, 11:22.

Comment

Aye. One of my favourite games on the Speccy was Codemasters' (much underrated imo) ATV Simulator, which was obviously similar to kickstart but with larger, more detailed graphics and pretty good physics (for its day).

Comment

Reminds me of the Trial Bike 2 game on this very forum's arcade. Except in 3D of course.

Comment

is this like exite bike? if so ill defo check out the trial of it,

1200 is it worth that much tho?

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                          its actualy closer to Kickstart 2 on the Spectrum, infact its almost the exact same game but with (obviously) much better graphics.

Seriously?

If so, then sold, sold and a million times sold.

I lost days with the track creator in Kickstart, buses and phone boxes, just jumping over them. Mind you, that was a savagely hard game.

Comment

Some Youtube footage of it here:

We jump on a dirt bike and leap through rings of fire to bring you an exclusive video preview of Trials HD! For more videos like this, check out GameSpot UK'...

All you do is accelerate, brake and lean forward or back. Goal of the main game is to just make it to the end as quickly as possible without falling off your bike.

Comment

Oh holy ballbaggery, MS are toying with me. I have 1700 points left and was planning on getting Shadow Complex, but I've just gotten back into Gears of War 2 and REALLY want the All-Fronts pack, now this has come out and looks like a hi-def reimagined Kickstart 2 and...well...I need more f*cking points now.

Comment

Working...
                              X