Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Planet 2 [Demo]

Marketplace link: Lost Planet 2 304MB

Not going to spend lots of words describing this, so I'll just bullet point it:
    • You can play solo or co-op, with the options to find or create a game
    • If you go solo your three partners will be A.I controlled
    • When you die you have the option to respawn
    • You sprint by holding down B
    • You recover health by harmonising (pressing start) which drains energy from Tenergy.
    • Options to change your control settings - Aiming speed fo 5 (default) is pretty slow.
    • Game looks sexy as ****. Looks just like the screenshots but without the huge amounts of AA & AF
    • You fight the boss. Mutiple ways to defeat him - I jumped inside him ala GOW2 and started shooting **** up
    • Great to play

Basically this game is a fun to play and I have't even completed it yet. I imagine 4 player co-op to be very awesome.
    Last edited by El Leone; 19-08-2009, 11:16.

Just finished killing the beast with a friend. Shame there wasn't more. Like a pirate base to infiltrate. Very enjoyable if you liked the first. The co-op aspect can only improve the series again. Look forward to the full release.

Comment

Well, the demo has had the opposite effect of it's (I assume) intention. This has now dropped to the "might pick it up if cheap" list Didn't enjoy it at all.

I liked the first, but this one seems irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
        Well, the demo has had the opposite effect of it's (I assume) intention. This has now dropped to the "might pick it up if cheap" list Didn't enjoy it at all.

I liked the first, but this one seems irritating.
        It's defo aimed at co-op play. Me and my mates had a right laugh. Would of liked some more though. Like a small area to plough through with some monster to kill which built up to that boss.

I reckon the demo will put some people off though rather than draw new Lost Planeteers in.

Comment

I could totally understand that, playing "single player" with 3 AI buddies, I saw them at the start (Kojima lol) and that's the last time I saw them.

Gave up in the end, just got bored of it.

Comment

I loved the demo, just finished playing it with a friend. First time we died trying to kill the beast as we were just messing around but second time around we managed to kill it.

It looks great and plays well, should be a blast in co-op. Definitely picking this up on release day.

Comment

well plays and looks as good as No1 , big bosses, great graphics , suits , snow pirates and huge feckings guns and explosions plus 4P co op what's not to like. Bring it on , day 1.

Comment

It just felt...hmm, I suppose I want to say "dated" to me.

Comment

I know what you mean when you allude to it feeling dated but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The graphics and atmosphere really grabbed me and ultimately I was just happy to play a decent sci-fi/fantasy FPS as opposed to all the real world FPS' that are around.

Comment

I think the 'dated' feel is down to it being developed in Japan. Not sure they're massive FPS players. I think the Japanese prefer 3rd person views. The first Lost Planet online was/is pretty big in Japan and I've noticed a lot of Japanese playing Socom on PS3 too.

Comment

Despite a few niggles I found, I really enjoyed it.
                      I don't like the fact you can't jump and hook at the same time. Also, the VS' are a little too slow.

The music and sound effects sound awesome on my sound system!

Comment

I can't get on with this. The first one had a lovely environment what with all the snow, and gigantic caves. But this one just doesn't interest me at all. It could just be the demos area, and the fact that it wants to put the players up against a huge boss at the very start. But it just feels like a really generic shooter with even more generic boss battles. I ended up playing for 3 minutes and next thing I was deleting it from my hard drive.

Comment

I think they picked a really odd "demo" level to be honest, there's no easing you in, just a huge boss.

Comment

I thought the demo was awesome myself , incredable that the graphics look just as good as those so called Direct X 10 demo's on my 360 .
                            Its just one boss and 300 Meg's of demo code , for what will no doubt be a 6 gig monster of a game

Capcom are putting all other's to shame in japan , yet again

Comment

Think this one is a bit like the L4D demo - really comes to life when there are a bunch of you rolling together, focusing on one target (taking legs off is very satisfying). Beyond the addition of a run ability and some new weapons (hand canon FTW) its just more LP - which is fine by me.

The original had some amazing multiplayer maps (Capcom Office, northern lights, submarine, pixel, etc) so can't wait to see what they have created this time.

I do miss the snow though..

Comment

Working...
                              X